Coffee: Is it bad for you?

Options
How do you feel about coffee? I'm not speaking about the calories in general, because without all the adding or creamer and sugar, coffee has virtually no calories. How do you feel the caffeine effects you? To me it makes me not hungry but once it wears off, BOOM! I want to eat, and eat a lot! It just doesn't seem all that healthy.

Inputs?

:)

Replies

• gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Bump
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i have the same reaction with hunger that you do, but i just cannot give up coffee, no matter the side effects hahaha.

by the time it wears off though i usually have a small snack, and then its only an hour until lunch so i manage :)
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    i have the same reaction with hunger that you do, but i just cannot give up coffee, no matter the side effects hahaha.

by the time it wears off though i usually have a small snack, and then its only an hour until lunch so i manage :)

Caffeine in general makes me feel yucky, but french press coffee....mhmmm. :)
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Drink it all the time. Never noticed any effects on my hunger. COFFEE....GOOD
  • billthekill
    Options
    Coffee is the #1 source of antioxidants in the American diet.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really like coffee. It's tasty and I feel good after having it. People like to debate on if it's bad or not but I don't see the harm in it.
  • sschoolfield
    Options
    I usually drink 1-3 cups per day and really do not notice any difference on days I drink it and days i don't. I have however read several studies that say it boosts your focus, memory, concentration and is believed to help prevent Alzhiemers. Don't know how true that is....you know how every couple of years there's a new study that contradicts the last one... but, since my Mom has Alzhiemers, I think I'll keep drinking my coffee and hope for a better outcome. :drinker:
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Coffee is full of antioxidants, prevents my headaches that I struggled with for years, keeps me awake in class, boots the metabolism, reduces the risk of developing diabetes, and can stand in for an unhealthy snack

on the other hand...
    Caffeine is addictive and caffeine withdrawal is unpleasant, coffee is dehydrating, can stain your teeth, can lead to food cravings, and can interrupt normal sleep patterns.

I drink coffee (4 cups, or two large mugs per morning) and enjoy it guilt free. It doesn't seem to mess with my appetite, I drink lots of water to compensate for the diuretic effect, and I don't drink any after noon.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Coffee is full of antioxidants and I use it to get my daily cup of soy milk into my diet which is a huge plus for me. I don't think it's bad unless it's used in extreme excess. It raises your metabolism and takes my eye work caused stress headaches away. I don't see the harm except when people add creamers and sugar.