When will my soreness from the Shred end??

Options
It's only been three days, but my legs are so sore that I can barely walk! It's not a bad thing. A little inconvenient, but not bad. What I'm wondering is when will the soreness go away or if it will? I hear the shred gets easier but no one mentions whether the soreness goes away and when. At this point I cant even do my cardio (treadmill and elliptical) because my legs are way too sore. When will it go away?!

Replies

• jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    Mine went away after day 3. Expecting to feel sore again after moving up to level 2 though lol
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    mine went away after 5 days only to return in level 2
  • Lelez1cutie
    Lelez1cutie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    when im really sore i use biofreeze... it helps. atleast it does for me. I started using it when i suffered an injury in the military.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Push through, it does get easier around days 4-6. It's worth it, I promise!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Mine went away after Day 3. Most people on here will pretty much agree that it goes away around day 3 or 4.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It'll get better.

I have found that soaking in a hot bath with lavender epsom salt does wonders!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i had a simular problem, however i had bad muscle recovery, i wasnt getting enough protein, one of my lifting friends sugested i take L gluetimen and it helped alot... i am not sugesting taking anything other then a pain meds.. but you might look at your protein intake... it made a difference with me. No i generaly after weight class, stay sore for that day and that about it, before i could barely move for days even a week lol so it was a big improvment for me :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I take a rest day when I get that sore. When I'm that sore i know I don't put as much into my workout, because...well I'm sore. Lol. Take a rest day & do some yoga, you can find yoga videos on hulu & whatnot. :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    It depends on how much you're actually resting the sore areas and sometimes the protein you take in after. When your body gets more used to using those muscles then the soreness lasts less and less until you're barely sore at all. I know last week I did some stuff that had my legs in pain for about 3-4 days, but the next time I did it I only came away with a mild soreness in my thigh.
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stretch. A LOT! Every chance you get. Make sure to do it right before you go to bed and right away when you get up in the morning. It will make all the difference!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a rest day? JM actually has said in recent podcasts that she never intended for 30DS or any of her videos to be done continiously without rest days.....I would recommend a rest day when you needed and besides if you are that sore, your form is going to be bad when you do the video anyway so you would be defeating the purpose...I also agree with the post about protein after workout - really helps with muscle recovery :)
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I never considered the protein, thats a good idea. I massaged my legs before bed last night and have been stretching all day. Well good, I'm hoping the soreness will go away within the next day or two so I can get back to my cardio! :)
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    OMG! I have been complaining about this exact same thing for the past two days.. tonight is my 3rd day doing 30 Day Shred on level 1 and I don't ever think I'll be able to make it to level 2 at this rate... My quads would probably jump off my bones and run away if they could. I heard that biofreeze is great for this type of pain as well so I think I'm going to have to bust mine out of the medicine closet. Thanks for this post and all the great advice :)
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    mine took 3 days....then my shoulders hurt for a day....then my stomach for a day....I am now starting level 2....although i reached it before but wanted to restart level one and focus on the push ups cuz of all the planks in level 2....but it gets better :wink:
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 5th day. I did two days in a row and circumstance had me take two day's off. Yes I was sore at that point. I started up again on monday but didn't do again till wednesday. I was real sore last night but pushed through today. I have also been logging two 1 mile walks each day. I feel your pain.........I am taking tomorrow off. I am knowledgeable enough to know that your body needs a day to recover. So I did it as much as I can but I don't want to injure myself. I can tell when it get's to the side lunges my form isn't as good on day 3 as it is on day 1 and 2. Time for a rest. Good Luck! Just do cardio on the day's that you can't imagine doing the shred.
    And yes, I recently heard Jillian mention she didn't intend for it to be done all in a row. Maybe she could of mentioned it at some point in the video.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and I'm still pretty sore, but I'm less so than I was when I woke up this morning.
    All I did was a 15 minute stretching workout (I did the Shawna Johnson 15 minute stretch workout on the Nike Training Club app, but I'm sure any stretching would do). It made a huge difference. Before I did it, I was aching badly whenever I sat down or stood up. After I did it, it all reduced to maybe faint residual ache.

Ibuprofen? Barely helped.
    Hot bath? It still ached as I climed from the bathtub.
    Stretching? Lead to the best feeling legs I had in days. And this was after a 4 mile walk.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    depends on who you are. maybe take a rest day from it. I just got her kickboxing and 20minutes very intense, hamstrings still sore