anyone doing 30 day shred level 1

Options
Do you see any results yet? I am on day 6, what day are you on and what should be expected? Any weight gain? Muscle gain?

Replies

• kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i bought it today and plan on starting it tomorrow....so yes anyone who has done it i would like some feed back :)
  • velsbree
    velsbree Posts: 69
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred/
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 today. Haven't noticed any body change yet. I was very sore first 2 nights but better today. I took before pics and look forward to seeing results.
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred/

It's a 30 day exercise dvd program by Jillian Michaels.
  • ilvmykidz
    ilvmykidz Posts: 66
    Options
    Just started it today (after 2 days of killer buns and thighs). Hopefully will see some results soon : )
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    I started it today! WOW can really knock you on your butt! I took measurements and am looking forward to taking them again in a month.

I would just like to say that I did read in another thread that once you start you will gain weight.... don't idle over the scale. Give it till the end of the program; you'll be happy you did it. :)

We can rock this. <3
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Do you see any results yet? I am on day 6, what day are you on and what should be expected? Any weight gain? Muscle gain?

Muscle PAIN more like it.. ^^

Just did it once, about to do it again.
  • neon8919
    neon8919 Posts: 46
    Options
    I am on day 2 of level one, I may not be able to see a difference but I can feel a difference while I am doing the work out.
  • Ener49er
    Ener49er Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely saw a difference!! Lost 4 inches total all over!! In one week! I love this workout but havent done it in a while! Need to start it up again.
  • lisalis626
    Options
    Day 5 of level 1. I can do push ups now! The cheating kind, but still :) For having absolutely NO upper body strength -- feel like I'm headed in the right direction!

Ok-seriously-Am I the only one who dies with jumping jacks/jump rope?? LOL I feel like such a wuss but out of the entire level 1 workout, that gives me the most trouble.
  • lena_walt
    lena_walt Posts: 17
    Options
    The jumping jacks to me are rough, not sure why but it does kick my butt...other than that, i do the cheating push ups., but i know i am headed in the right direction. I do not feel sore anymore, i am feeling more toned now, but i am wondering if that is why the scale is not moving for me, due to possible muscle gain.
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options

Muscle PAIN more like it.. ^^

Just did it once, about to do it again.

Muscle pain is an understatement. hehe. :)

I kinda like it though... It reminds you of your accomplishments and that your body is changing. <3
  • Fergie21
    Fergie21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just done level 2 today, though it was going to die ;/ good luck
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Same here. I have done 2 days so far. Will do my 3rd after work. I about died. Its a hard workout but I feel that it will work. I am very sore plus i did a run/walk last night and walked up hill....which didnt help my pain :tongue: I really hope I can stick with it. i also took measurements before because I hear others say its not a huge weight loss thing but you will lose inches!!
  • fitnessbudget
    Options
    When I completed level 1 - the scale DID NOT MOVE!! :grumble: I improved in terms of strength and cardiovascular range. The scale didn't start to move until level 2 - almost the 10th day!!! Really..:sad:

I recently completed level 3 and while there was not significant weight loss - I'm much better on the push ups and upper body strength - which is what I was looking to improve.

Don't worry - you will proably start to 'lean out' soon!! That means your clothes will fit looser. Then the scale will start to move.
  • yeremeyeva
    Options
    I am in the middle of level 2. I combined 30DS w/ cardio at the gym & I already lost over 10 lbs. I wouldn't plan on losing tons of weight with the dvd alone. I think it only burns 200-250 cals on average. So if you would like to see a significant weight loss it may be better to add cardio maybe? just an idea :) something that worked well for me.
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the shred off and on for months but I would get burnt out with Jillian and do other workouts. I decided to just do it LOL and I have started completeley over and am on day 3 of level 1. Level 2 is a killer but I will prob jump up there on day 6 since I notice this time around I am not burning much on level 1. I used to burn around 220 cals on level 1 but last night I only burned 191. I am dedicated to do a full 30 days. I am ineterested to see how it goes for you.
  • lena_walt
    lena_walt Posts: 17
    Options
    bump