Making Insanity and Gym time work together

Options
Bikini27
Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
Hi y'all.
I love my gym time because it's a no-nonsense time for me to just sweat the day away, usually on the Arc Trainer or Elliptical.
BUT I have Insanity and have really been wanting to get started on it again and get the full body workout I feel like I am missing right now (I do about 30 mins with hand weights at home a few times a week).
Any tips for making it all work without passing out from exhaustion?

And, sadly, I'm under contract with my gym so I would really like to get my money's worth from it.

Thanks in advance for the helpful tips!

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I would do the gym stuff on the day you do not do Pure Cardio or Max Cardio conditioning :)
  • Bikini27
    Options
    Thanks. :smile:
    I've had a few suggestions of just alternating days, I'll play with it a little and I guess just go from there.
    :flowerforyou:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I plan to start Insanity in May, and I was thinking about the same thing. I have a gym which I will like to continue going to, but I want to get the max results from the program though. My membership is only 25 a month, so I won't be heartbroken if I waste it for 2 months, right?
  • llllnn
    llllnn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i would use the gym 100% for as much as you have to, and then do insanity after. you can have a lot of success with the gym and then use insanity to propel yourself when the gym is over. i think committing fully to one thing is better than juggling both
  • lafournier2
    lafournier2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do both the gym and insanity. I alternated days with running/lifting at the gym and the insanity work outs. seems to work out pretty well so far :) been doing it for 3 months. Also, that way I dont get bored of one or the other.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I did the first 6 weeks on schedule. Now that the weather is so nice, I am alternating jogging and Insanity. It's too nice to be inside.

You won't regret Insanity. My endurance is awesome right now, I plan on doing it all summer, especially on rainy days
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think you should not do any weights until you do a month of cardio , especially if you are looking to slim down . The worse thing you can do is fuse fat with muscle . Do the insanity or any other cardio. If you are looking to tone ,do pilates , very nice for the middle .
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Insanity is only for 2 months.
    I'm doing insanity. I go to heath club to do heavy weight lifting for my legs
    since insanity does not have enough, use pool area hot tub, swimming, sauna for relaxation...
    hot tub feels so good after insanity.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i would use the gym 100% for as much as you have to, and then do insanity after. you can have a lot of success with the gym and then use insanity to propel yourself when the gym is over. i think committing fully to one thing is better than juggling both

Maybe this? I was wondering the same thing. I want to join a local gym so I can use the stationary bike and elliptical. I was thinking I want to go 3-4 times a week and just do straight cardio. (I have so much fat to burn off!!) But I'm wondering if I can handle both? Let me know what you decide and how it goes?
  • Bikini27
    Options
    I'm going to start Insanity tonight with the Fit Test and alternate gym and Insanity. I will let you all know how it goes :smile:

As for doing just cardio until I slim down, and then lifting, that is one way I suppose. But I prefer to get things tight while losing fat, if you understand. :flowerforyou: