Healthy snacks to take to the movies?

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    1 bag of 100 calorie popcorn and 1/2 a cup of peanut butter cheerios. Perfect!! Its salty and sweet and the crunch is satisfing!! Enjoy the show and know that your doing good!!

omg i LOVE the PB Cheerios!!
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    I take 100 calorie packs or I'll measure out servings and put them in snack pack ziplocks. It so much healthier and your not tempted to over eat because it's already measured and ready to go. Have fun. Wish I was going. That's one movie I've been dieting to see.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i always pop a bag of 94% fat free popcorn and put it in a giant zip lock bag or I take a pack of beef jerky. I prefer salty snacks over sweet snacks. I also will slice some cucumbers and peppers and take them. If I do get the urge for something sweet, I pack grapes.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you can make a trail mix of cereal, nuts, dried fruits and sneak a few m&ms or reeses pieces in there:smile:

for salty foods, there is "smartfood' popcorn 100 calorie packs ..so you dont feel left out
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I get the small popcorn no butter and then ask them to just give me half and a HUGE water I bring from home. Sometimes they even give ti to me for free since it's half. Then I make sure to eat one individually rather then a handful. I WILL NOT go to the movies without popcorn. Hubby gets raisinettes.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks, celery with real peanut butter, low sodium jerky, protein bars.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!!!
  • Dojjin
    Dojjin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late and probably too late for you to go anywhere to get any. However I've discovered these 2 new amazing brands:

Boulder Canyon "Vegetable Crisps - Chip/Crackers" - (Kosher, Non-GMO, all the good stuff)
    and
    Pirate Booty "Popcorn/Puffcorn" - (No trans/gluten, all natural, no preserves...etc).

They're both low in calories for 1oz and very delicious, I highly recommend them as a snack to anyone wanting something that actually tastes good and won't ruin a diet. To me, these are both worth 2 serving counts.

You can get them at either Costco or Sam's Club assuming you have either. They're not expensive and are very delicious, plus they go a long way!

Edit: Websites for store locator and nutrition facts ^_^:
    http://www.bouldercanyonfoods.com/uncategorized/new-garden-select-vegetable-crisps-hearty-cheddar
    http://piratebrands.com/products/piratesbooty/agedwhitecheddar
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
    Great ideas guys. I may bring apple slices or carrots and the prepopped bag maybe as well (if it is as good cooled lol). Also i might bring 1 or 2 servings of pretzels. You can eat about 40 for only 220 cals and thats not a bad amount for a snack. Im so excited about the movies now. Bring my water bottle to go and no stress :) yayyy