Replies

• jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much as it is. I don't know... when I do drink I have fun and I'm more uninhibited (I'm a naturally very shy and quiet person) but I just don't drink that much. I'd rather stay home with my boyfriend or something. I'm lame... I feel like I need alcohol to have any sort of fun around a group of people. I hate it.
  • marrtini21
    marrtini21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's a smart thing you're considering quitting just right after St. Patrick's. :)))
    Cheers!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Would not even think about giving up me weekly beers. I need them for my sanity by Friday. Good luck.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    On the 27th of this month, I will have 5 years without alcohol... have I noticed a difference... yea, I ain't getting my *kitten* beat everytime I piss someone off... wait a minute, I haven't pissed anyone off in quite a while... coincidence.. I think not... lmao.
    Have a good day and hope you are successful!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    On the 27th of this month, I will have 5 years without alcohol... have I noticed a difference... yea, I ain't getting my *kitten* beat everytime I piss someone off... wait a minute, I haven't pissed anyone off in quite a while... coincidence.. I think not... lmao.
    Have a good day and hope you are successful!
    congrats i've got 5+ too wouldn't trade em fro the world!
  • jstrandquest
    Options
    Count me in on a group, please.

I stopped on Monday.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start 1 April after my fellas birthday. :-)
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Being a binge drinker myself~ i can relate!!! I LOVE my rum & coke... can you spell CALORIES?!?! LOL I know that's preventing the weight loss from happening so after i turned 40 on St.Patty's day~ I decided to GIVE IT UP. We can do this!!!:drinker:
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I started as of, uhhh, ... Tuesday? I think that was my first full day, I don't really keep track of such things very well.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm out! Lol.
  • halobender
    Options
    This isn't "The Contest" ... :P
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Yeah, just thinking about it though, it's too restrictive. I can't go 30 days without. What I can do is allocate once a week to having some wine or something, and nixing the week night wining. That's already helped a lot.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    If you can go 30days, why stop there? I quit,let's see,almost 3 months ago. The changes to my body,and mental health have been incredible. Your dilema as to what to do on weekends will be tough to figure out. You may want to Volunteer,or take the opportunity to hang with some of those friends you haven't hung with because they DIDN'T drink. either way, good luck with your journey. It is easier to give up a bad habit early in the game than to live your whole life revolved around it..it can lead to alot of wasted years and regrets. But enough of that, Your body will thank you with weight loss and less bloating..I DO know....
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Currently shooting for 270 days without and it's fine :laugh:

Seriously, most of my family doesn't drink at all and we get together and still have a great time. A great way to cut cals would be to, after the 30 days are up, decide to either drink really rarely or not at all. Add processed sugar to the list and most people wouldn't need to count...
  • halobender
    Options

Yeah, just thinking about it though, it's too restrictive. I can't go 30 days without. What I can do is allocate once a week to having some wine or something, and nixing the week night wining. That's already helped a lot.
    I can understand that; I really enjoy being able to have a drink socially. But at the same time, I figure I would like to see how I feel after 30 days without it.

I imagine clear-headed and miserable.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Made it through the first weekend and not only didn't I drink but I actually kept my calories in check for once! We're not alcoholics or anything but we do both have them in our close family (my dad, his sister) so we just like to check ourselves now and then. I have enough issues with allergies at the moment anyway without adding being hung over to how I feel. :)
  • halobender
    Options
    So, I know that not everyone has even started on this yet, but I'm sure a few more than just myself did; anyone still sticking with this? Anyone feel any better or worse?

I'm 11 days in (if my initial start-date-guesstimate is accurate) and I don't feel any better, and I think I've actually gained a little weight since then, as my pants are a wee bit tighter lately ... I'm not over-eating as a coping mechanism or anything, either, but we'll see what the outcome of this is in almost-three-weeks.

Honestly, I don't really "miss" drinking, it's just the social aspect for me. I went out to a local bar the other day and drank coffee and it felt absolutely fine. Of course, I've done that in the past, too, but never stuck with it for more than a couple weeks.

Well, we'll see how things play out.