I desperately need to get back on track

Options
Been on mfp for 55 days now and I was doing so well, but lately I've been lacking motivation all together. I've plateaued with my weight and I'm really worried that I'm going to start gaining again. I need to get back on track!

Replies

• mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    Options
    Oh me too lady, stress is killing me, I have already started gaining. This sucks. I need to learn how to manage myself.
  • b_h_bloomer
    b_h_bloomer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    55 days is an accomplishment! You should be proud of yourself. You are setting an example for hundreds of other MFP users who are just starting out and hope to be where you are eventually (myself included, I'm on day 5-6). If you've stuck with it for that long, I'm sure you have the motivation, will power, and discipline to keep going. Just think about how good you felt about starting to live a healthier lifestyle. You don't want to give it up and have all that hard work go to waste, do you? Of course not! So stay the course, and remember that you are an inspiration for someone out there :)

As far as the plateau goes, I can only suggest changing things up. Maybe eat a bit more to make sure you're regaining those exercise calories. Maybe try a week or two of calorie maintenance, to get your body back to normal levels. Change up the workout routine, maybe try some heavy lifting. The important thing is to keep trying new things, and if they don't work, don't give up hope!
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    55 days is an accomplishment! You should be proud of yourself. You are setting an example for hundreds of other MFP users who are just starting out and hope to be where you are eventually (myself included, I'm on day 5-6). If you've stuck with it for that long, I'm sure you have the motivation, will power, and discipline to keep going. Just think about how good you felt about starting to live a healthier lifestyle. You don't want to give it up and have all that hard work go to waste, do you? Of course not! So stay the course, and remember that you are an inspiration for someone out there :)

As far as the plateau goes, I can only suggest changing things up. Maybe eat a bit more to make sure you're regaining those exercise calories. Maybe try a week or two of calorie maintenance, to get your body back to normal levels. Change up the workout routine, maybe try some heavy lifting. The important thing is to keep trying new things, and if they don't work, don't give up hope!
    [/quote.

Good advice... Stay the course and change things up don't give up! I'm on day 10 and loving it!!!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Been on mfp for 55 days now and I was doing so well, but lately I've been lacking motivation all together. I've plateaued with my weight and I'm really worried that I'm going to start gaining again. I need to get back on track!

Me too. I have not lost motivation completely yet but the last few weeks I've relaxed on watching what I eat and I have missed a day or two at the gym each week. I need to get back on track!
  • Kaalley
    Kaalley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :flowerforyou: