trying not to eat tonight! so HARD

Options
breaking my ritual of a nightly peanut butter and jelly sandwich. so difficult. i feel so hungry but, i know im not...just not used to being full at this time of night. if only i could do this consistently!

Replies

• childressa72
    Options
    take it one night at a time and when your hungry drank a large glass of water one it will make you full and two it helps clean you out.
  • erinf1049
    erinf1049 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yes...trying my best. drinking lots of water and peeing like im getting paid for it! haha, thanks :)
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    breaking my ritual of a nightly peanut butter and jelly sandwich. so difficult. i feel so hungry but, i know im not...just not used to being full at this time of night. if only i could do this consistently!

Uh - you're hungry.

You haven't even eaten 1000 calories today. Your body is crying out for fuel.

By the way, the only thing you'll get by starving yourself - besides an ED, of course - is a messed up metabolism that will make you gain every pound you lose by starvation plus a few more for good meaure if you try eating again. It isn't worth it in the long run.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't eat the pb&j but I just wanted to say I always put my pb&j in the microwave for like 10 seconds. Makes it melt and it's so good. Try it sometime but not tonight!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't eat the pb&j but I just wanted to say I always put my pb&j in the microwave for like 10 seconds. Makes it melt and it's so good. Try it sometime but not tonight!

Why ever not??? It's not healthy to eat the amount she has logged for today.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I hear you. All I want to do is eat right now...

While I've been okay on calories, I didn't work out today and I'll I've eaten is junk...trying to resist...
  • cherryObebe
    cherryObebe Posts: 189
    Options
    OMG! Now I want a PB&J! lol
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    op if your diet is right then i feel sorry for your body! it must be so hungry!
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    way to help her out by giving her a BETTER PB&J recipe. the old saying friends like you she don't need......
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat something. Starving yourself will not help you lose weight effectively, and it's not maintainable in the long term! That's what causes yo-yo weight fluctuations. You should be striving for realistic, healthy choices.
  • prowe80
    prowe80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Luck !:drinker:
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    dovesgate - I didn't check her food log. I didn't want to be rude by encouraging her to put her pb&j in the microwave if she's trying not eat tonight.
  • prowe80
    Options
    yes...trying my best. drinking lots of water and peeing like im getting paid for it! haha, thanks :)
  • IndependentGuilt
    Options
    I'm just going to go ahead and be honest.. I read this and post/look for new friends to hold me to my plan...as I am drinking a glass of red...how wrong is that? I have however already logged for the day, did o.k. and accounted for my wine...
  • prowe80
    Options
    That's funny !!! I know exactly what you mean!:drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    seriously... you havent eaten... no even 1000 cals.. your body is straving! why are you doing this to yourself???
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Maybe celery with some pb?? That might take care of the munchies..and u still get pb!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    You should eat it. Your body needs fuel. Mfp builds in a deficit of probably 500 calories, eating even less than that is not gong to do any good. Pb&j will provide you with good fats& calories that your machine needs to run!
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, if you don't like the amount of calories it is or something have you thought about changing the way you make it? Uses that Sara Lee 45 cal bread and maybe just one tbsp of pb and some sugar free jelly or jam. Then you can still get your pbj fix but not sacrifice a bunch of calories for it.
  • delebre
    delebre Posts: 5
    Options
    Erin,

Please listen to the people on here that are suggesting you eat. If you starve yourself your metabolism will actually slow and go into 'conservation' mode where any calories you take it it will try to store. You need to create a subtle deficit in your daily intake, not so much that you barely meet your BMR (Basal metabolic rate - The minimum amount of calories/energy your body needs to maintain itself if you are at REST).

Also a few tips based on your food intake. Eating those quaker rice crisps may be tasty and feel like you are eating something but keep in mind your stomach will very quickly turn that into mush and digest it, and you won't feel any more full than you were 30 minutes to an hour before that. Try string cheese or some protein, oatmeal, brown rice, complex carbohydrates.

Also, I know you are drinking 'diet' soda, but please understand that studies have shown that diet cola can actually trigger your appetite. You're better off drinking your favorite flavor of tea with some honey in it.

As for your calorie intake, use this calculator to get an estimate of your calorie needs. There are 3,500 calories in a pound. If you want to take the weight off and keep it off, you need to create a fair deficit of calories in your diet and be consistent about it. There is NO fast, safe, and permanent way to lose weight quickly. To do it right, you need to teach yourself to eat a fair amount and sensibly on a day to day basis. You get this locked down when you are young and you will stay healthy your whole life!

Lastly, don't forget to exercise! If you burn 300 calories, you can EAT more and still come out on top!
    Your body will become more efficient at handling it's food. You will feel better and have more energy. The list is endless to benefits!

Good Luck Erin! Don't starve yourself! <3