C25k??

Options
So for the people who have done (or in the process of doing) C25K, do you recommend doing it more then the 3 days a week? I'm just starting and I'm not sure if I should just do the 3 days on the schdule or more often. I want to try it like 5 days at least but I'm not sure if its recommended.. Thanks to all who respond :)

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Jesi, I'm so glad that you've found you enjoy running! It is rather addicting, lol. The biggest problem that people run into is that they try to do too much, too fast. Three a week is recommended to allow your body to strengthen bones, muscles and connective tissues that assist the body in the motion of running. Too much, too fast leads to injury. The nice part is that your body has a warning system. If it hurts, stop. Seriously. If you want to run five times a week, then run five times a week. But if you have pain, stop running immediately. And if something continues to hurt, consult a person with a whole lotta letters after their name. Pretty soon, you'll get a feel for what you can and can't do, what each ache and pain means, and you'll be able to recognize new pain. I would, however, repeat workouts, rather than advance faster and finsh the program sooner. Maybe others have done it, but it highly increases your chance of injury.
  • jimdevere
    Options
    I've done C25K twice - first time I overdid it and ran extra days - ended up getting sore shins and dropped out. Second time I stuck to the 3/wkly and just went for a walk on the other days if I felt like it, and made it right through with no injuries.

I think the key is to stick to the plan!

Good luck.