Looking for a Really Good Banana Bread Recipe!!

Options
Anybody have a really good Banana Bread recipe they are willing to share? Looking for another good one as I lost the one I had. Thanks!!!

Replies

• j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    if it has to be healthy, i'm out, but if not, message me and i'll dig mine up. it involves a box of cake mix, cream cheese, eggs, and bananas (of course). there may be one or two more ingredients that i can't think of right off the top of my head, but it is moist and yummy.
  • slenderwoman
    slenderwoman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that it does need to be healthy.
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just made 5 loaves of banana bread yesterday! I can tell you this is healthier than regular banana bread, but I'm sure someone out there could make it even healthier.

1 stick butter, room temp
    3/4 cup sugar ( I substitute Splenda instead)
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup ground flax meal
    3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup walnuts, chopped ( I don't add walnuts, don't like them in bread)

(original recipe calls for 1 cup white flour, 1 cup whole wheat. I change to 3/4 cup of each, then add 1/2 cup ground flax meal. Adds extra fiber, and tastes SOOO good!)

Preheat oven to 350, grease bread pan. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Sift white flour, baking soda and salt together in a different bowl, then stir in whole wheat flour and flax. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well. Add in bananas, vanilla and walnuts. Pour into pan, cook for 50-60 minutes.

It is the best banana bread I have ever had! So moist, so flavorful!!