Best mile:)

Options
sarbu24
sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
When I joined MFP about 9 weeks ago I went a mile on the treadmill and it took me 17:33. Tonight i ran the mile in 14:16!!!! I know its not super fast, but its great for me and I am so proud of myself for getting to this point. I have also lost 4 inches off my thighs, four off my waist, two off my hips and one inch off my arms:) Thats 11 inches!! Wooohooooo! Love you guys! Everyone here really keep me motivated and are a great inspiration!

Replies

• denjoh17
    denjoh17 Posts: 18
    Options
    How awesome is that!! Keep it up. I hate to run but I force myself to get on that treadmill. I always go for distance or overall time, not speed. Way to shed those LBS.
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've had great progress. Keep it up!!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's a significant reduction in your time!
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Starting running can be hard but it is amazing how fast you can improve. I just started running in January and could barely run 0.3 miles without being tired. I had to push really hard to make it half a mile. And I felt I wasn't getting better or faster. Then suddenly yesterday, I ran 3.2 miles....just keep pushing and you can do amazing things! You rock!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you for talking about how far you ran and about how many inches you lost, instead of how many pounds came off!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic. I like to hear about runners. Keep it up. You're doing great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!