Honest diary

Options
Even though I might go over my daily limit, I make sure I am honest and ad it to my diary. Some days I just eat too much!

Replies

• Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you bite it you write it. Learned that from my weight watchers days.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i do too ..in fact today i was over by about 1000 calories (mostly from snacks .. 3oz cheetos, nutty butty bar and a small bottle of coke)
    but i tracked it and i know tomorrow is a new day
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    oh yeah - today I am over.... :0( it's all there for the world to see...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't really see the point in lying about your intake. I mean, if you don't want people to see, make the diary private, don't lie.

Also, I don't think many of us on here really judge if someone goes over on their calories. We all do it at some point or another.
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had 3 chocolate creme eggs yesterday....3! In one sitting! Ha! I justified it though by doing a kick *kitten* cardio workout...but still, it is motivating to know that I HAVE to write it down. Not writing it down isn't going to do myself any favours and it helps me to see if there are times of the day i'm more likely to give in to cravings and to be prepared with healthy alternatives.

Don't beat yourself up if you go over your cals or eat something bad....just do something extra the next day to make up for it...like eat a little less or workout hardcore. :o)
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't really see the point in lying about your intake. I mean, if you don't want people to see, make the diary private, don't lie.

I think the point is lying to yourself, though. Sometimes I find it hard to accept that yes, I'm over my calories. Even if it was only that 2nd cup of coffee with 4 sugars and cream... that's why I'm over my day by 400 calories...
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had 3 chocolate creme eggs yesterday....3! In one sitting!

hahahah I had 4. I looked at the empty box and was super annoyed at myself. .... and wrote 'em all down anyway.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

I think the point is lying to yourself, though. Sometimes I find it hard to accept that yes, I'm over my calories. Even if it was only that 2nd cup of coffee with 4 sugars and cream... that's why I'm over my day by 400 calories...

Yeah, I can see that, but at the same time, it's important if you're going to accomplish your goals to be responsible and answerable to yourself for your intake. That's kinda the premise of this whole site.
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    @ TrinNZ: I had to google chocolate creme eggs! Wow, those look to die for. I feel serious chocolate cravings sneaking up. :o Great job on the workout!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ive always been honest in my diary. that would be why for the majority of the month ive been in the red. im not proud of it, but i can look back and see what my issues were at the time and figure out why i ate what i did, or why i didnt exercise, or whatever.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If I wasnt honest about my diary, my MFP friends wouldnt be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong and the whole purpose of my being here would be gone.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    ive always been honest in my diary. that would be why for the majority of the month ive been in the red. im not proud of it, but i can look back and see what my issues were at the time and figure out why i ate what i did, or why i didnt exercise, or whatever.

You're on the right track! Don't sweat it. I think we all have times when we overdo it.
  • Leaker12
    Leaker12 Posts: 57
    Options
    that's the only way to do it....how do you know how your doing if you can't be honest to yourself in your diary.....
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My diary is honestly scary a lot of the time. Wayyyy over my 1700 goal.
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yeppers... at least when I've been honest, I'll know that the fact that the scale isn't moving is directly connected to all the crap I've eaten this week! It's also why I don't do a 'quick add calories' unless absolutely necessary.