Dear Ice Cream,

Options

Replies

• JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    i just had half a serving of Ben & Jerry's Greek Yogurt: Strawberry Shortcake...

That's like 1 and half spoon fulls... but it fit in my diary and i feel better :) haha

If it fits, have a bit!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think I was happiest as a kid when my dentist had to take out a bunch of my teeth and I was only allowed to eat icecream. Such heaven it was!
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's my best friend and my worst enemy all at the same time.
    Gee I just love it...

Dan
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I know a restaurant that serves Bacon Icecream!!!! It is right across the street from where I work! I have not tried it yet, and I won't! I LOVE icecream, too. But not as much as being thin.

You don't have to chose one or the other, you know.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Dear Ice Cream,

I see you staring at me from the freezer. I don't have room for you today, but tomorrow, you are MINE. *insert evil laughter here* MINE MINE MINE, you hear, MINE.

XOXOXO
    ME

PS: It's a swim day, I was struggling to get enough calories in on swim days before. Now swim days are my treat days.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Dear Ice Cream,

I see you're thin minty goodness in the freezer...but I haven't eaten you. I tell myself I am saving the last of you for my husband. When in reality I know you are a delicious Siren luring me to tracking death. Sugary foods and I have a long history of lack of self control--which may lead (through genetic predisposition) to diabetes. I may have a few bites of you in a month or two, but for now I've just begun again and don't need your sugary distraction.
  • AllieCat5683
    Options
    Dear ice cream,

We've had our moments together; some good, some filled with tears and disgust at our friendship. I hope we can get past this and focus more on the good times together. I'd love to spend some time with you every once in a while, but I'm just too busy starting my life changing journey towards a healthy lifestyle where I won't slow down my group of survivors when the zombies come. I'm sorry all of your dearest friends will be eaten and turn away from you and look for brains instead, but I'll be too busy with a knife and a shotgun to make you from scratch. All your dairy friends will soon be gone as well, and I'm sorry about that, but maybe it's for the best. I think we should see other people, our relationship just isn't what it used to be. I'll always be fond of you, and I know you'll always be there for me when I need you, but it's time to move on.

Love,
    Allie

PS. You're getting a bad rap, please stop making people hate you for being a most delicious lunch, dinner, snack, and dessert. You're not helping things by having incredible favors, and you should really reevaluate your kinship with girl scout cookies. Those *****es kill us every year.

Best of luck, ice cream!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    dear ice cream,

I am going to the gym in an hour to work off enough calories to see you in a bowl later tonight.

sincerely,

me

(sorry, all of those running from this delicious treat. I'm of the everything in moderation mind set. it works. I'm happy. so double prizes!)

^^This. I always make sure I have room in my calories for ice cream. LOVE Edy's slow churned options! I have 1 serving in a fudge dipped cone...170 calories. And 100% worth it!!!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Dear Icecream,

I know I totally said that I would never leave you for Frozen Yogurt, and Frozen Yogurt was just not as attractive to me as you were.

But I've been having an affair, I'm sorry. I've been cheating on you with Pinkberry frozen yogurt.

Can we still be friends?

XOXO
  • smiles4deb
    Options
    dear ice cream,

I am going to the gym in an hour to work off enough calories to see you in a bowl later tonight.

sincerely,

me

(sorry, all of those running from this delicious treat. I'm of the everything in moderation mind set. it works. I'm happy. so double prizes!)

^^This for me too. :happy:
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know a restaurant that serves Bacon Icecream!!!! It is right across the street from where I work! I have not tried it yet, and I won't! I LOVE icecream, too. But not as much as being thin.

My 11 year old son would absolutely like it. He said the other day someone should invent bacon flavored gum. Too funny!
  • shapcomp
    shapcomp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If I was stuck on a deserted island and had only one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be VANILLA ICE CREAM!!!! I am so on board with you guys! But bacon ice cream??? I don't even eat real bacon!!! Maybe cuz I love Miss Piggy too much???
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Dear Ice Cream-

I so totally ate a half a cup of you last night... and you were totally worth it!

Ice cream is not the devil people.. Esp if you only eat a serving size.. when you go over board is when the problems start.
  • amoslionhorse
    Options

that's just gross, and thankfully turned me off of both in a hurry, which is good, cause this post had me craving icecream... thank you. :smile:
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    GO GET ARCTIC ZERO

MINT CHOCOLATE COOKIE FLAVOR.

150 CALORIES FOR THE WHOLE PINT.!!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Thin mint Ice cream????!!!!!!!

AKSHDIEHIEJHWODH!~~!!!!!!!

That's how much I love that stuff...

Dear ice cream, please leave her alone. Loving you might be wrong...but some of us want to be light. :laugh:

p.s. if it fits in your calories and it's really driving you nuts (to the point where you can't function), either have a serving, or a couple of spoonfuls. Then count it as a treat. Then shove it to the back of the freezer and FUHGEHT UH-BOUT IT. XDDDD

I agree just use it as one of your snacks and add the cals in. I had some the other night and its worth the calories.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Aww. Life is hard. I'm done eating for today, and i really don't mind him cooking and eating when i shouldn't, but really did he have to make bacon?

Mine does that too!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'd do anything for a cheeky threesome with Ben and Jerry right now :wink:
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Was it made by Edy's?

It's delicious. It's also the devil (only because I am still learning self control). :)
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Dear Ice Cream..
    Your new replacement is frozen Banana's Blended... YUM. Almost like Icecream :bigsmile: