Walking while pushing 70lbs in a stroller

Options
I just took a 30 minute walk pushing a double stroller with a 2 year old and 5 1/2 year old (equaling about 70lbs). I'm sure I burned more calories than if I had just walked it myself. Is there anyway to figure it more acturately?

Replies

• luvmytwins02
    Options
    I just took a 30 minute walk pushing a double stroller with a 2 year old and 5 1/2 year old (equaling about 70lbs). I'm sure I burned more calories than if I had just walked it myself. Is there anyway to figure it more acturately?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm with you on this one. I found a calculation on another website. I added it to the exercise database, but don't know if it will show up if you search for it: walking pushing a stroller. I walked with my youngest daughter yesterday and wore my hrm. The count from the website was almost the same as my hrm (off by only a few calories). I'm not sure what to do with the extra weight, because I know when my oldest daughter rides, the walk is definitely harder. GL and let me know if you find something else......
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Walking, pushing a stroller

This activity burns approximately
    287 calories per hour for an average, 145-pound person.

This was from http://www.thedailyplate.com/fitness/exercise/walking-pushing-a-stroller

You have to register to update your weight & get a more accurate estimate. Plus this is probably for a single stroller so it might be a low estimate for you.

Hope this helps.