Schedule

Options
Does anyone "pre" write what they are going to eat for the day, or week, as well as workouts?

Replies

• mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I personally don't, but I have seen people on here post that they plan what they will eat the day before and stick to it. I am not that type of person, I tend to not know what I am doing from day to day. So, that just doesn't work for me. I also wouldn't do it with exercises just because too much can happen in life, and I may not get a chance to work out. You can try it and see if it works for you tho. :smile: If it does- nice! If not, find what does.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine does everyday. It works well for her. I always do mine after I get home from work then through out the evening. I don't on my exercise cause it depends on what kids have scheduled and the weather to determine what exercise I'm going to do. Hope this helps.
  • gr8dayao
    gr8dayao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    While I am tracking what I eat, I prewrite my meals. Especially if I plan to go out that night for pizza! I am new to this site, but I have done the meal tracking thing before and it really helps me stay on track if I plan what I am going to eat and stick with it. Otherwise I will over eat. I eat what I want, but planning helps me keep the portions in check.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I don't plan meals, but I do plan workouts-sometimes for a month or more in advance. I do have general idea of what I'll eat each day.
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes. It seems to help with sticking to what I need to eat (or not eat). If something changes though, I don't feel bad about going back and changing it. It's typed into a computer program..not carved in stone.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes, and find that I'll usually go ahead and eat what I logged earlier when I do. What I always do though, is log something that I plan to eat and if the calories/sugar are ridiculous I usually change my mind about eating it.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I often input most of what I am planning on eating the next day, thought I usually end up waiting to input dinner until after the fact. And I almost always have to make changes, but I like having a plan, then the freedom to deviate from it if circumstances call for it. I'm a visual person, so seeing my meals and snacks written down helps me look forward to whatever I have planned, rather than focus on the cravings of the things I won't be eating.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It depends, if I know what I'm going to eat as far as main meals go, I'll plan out my day so I can see how many cals I have to snack on.

Since I don't eat my exercise cals, I don't bother planning exercise - you never know exactly how much you'll do anyway.
  • DavesKitten
    Options
    I like to plan what I will eat for the day in the am, but it won't work if I go
    back to work. Right now, it works well for me.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I prewrite breakfast and lunch usually when I make breakfast, because I try to take my lunch to work. I also prewrite exercise, but I guess an extremely conservative number for calorie burn. If it's more, I edit it.
  • Knowledge228
    Options
    I dont because I may have one thing planned, and not even get close to it. I do usually have a good idea of what I will eat throughout the day so that I have healthy options around.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Does anyone "pre" write what they are going to eat for the day, or week, as well as workouts?

I usually add food for the day weekday mornings, just because I pack my lunch, & snacks so I know what I'll be eating.
    But not workouts, those i add when I'm done.