Cloud 9 with NSV and AM weigh-in

Options
Crystal0827
Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
I am on cloud 9 this morning, not only did I have another successful weight loss this week. Last night I had 2 NSV's 1st: Do you know when you are stretching and you lift your leg up and grab your ankle? Well I haven't been able to do that until yesterday. It felt so nice to be able to grab my ankle. 2nd: Running. I hate it. I have avoided it my entire life. I don't run. In school I walked the mile, I didn't run. Since January a friend who is helping me at the gym has encouraged me to begin running on the treadmill. I usually run for a minute walk for a minute and back and forth. Last night prior to my cycle class I got on the treadmill walked for 5 minutes and then :drum roll: ran at 5.0 for 6 minutes straight!!!!! I couldn't believe it. Honestly it is the most I have ran in my life. Share your NSV's this morning, I'd like to hear other members experiences. Uhhhh feeling high on life right now. :)

Replies

• yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am you!! never ran in my life...now i am learning to love jogging. Im not fast but im up to steady for 8 min!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSVs. Glad your feeling happy! Congrats! X
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! Congratulations!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So nice when you can see yourself changing for the better. Go you! :smile:
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is sooo awesome :) My NSV is fitting into pants that previously cut off my circulation :) Also, at the gym yesterday I was able to work out so hard on the machine people were looking at me like a crazy person, this made me so happy!!!!!!!!!!! I was working it so hard I looked insane! That is huge progress for me!
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, It feels so good so feel happy with myself, to be proud of myself, for the the first time in 10 years if not more.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome. Honestly, i think you ran the hardest part. Once i get thru the first 5 minutes and get my breathing under control and hit my stride then i am fine. It does get easier!
  • marydb0000
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome. Honestly, i think you ran the hardest part. Once i get thru the first 5 minutes and get my breathing under control and hit my stride then i am fine. It does get easier!

I agree - for me it's the first mile. Then my stride lengthens and breathing gets less shallow and it becomes enjoyable. THEN the endorphins kick in :)

Great news! Keep up the awesome work!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My first NSV was I finally found out what NSV means...... no, really didn't know and thank you Becky37!

I need to do laundry, so the only clean undies I had today were the boxers that are a little too tight..... Not too tight :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!