?100? Sticks of BUTTER!

Options
AwesomelyAmber
AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
Since beginning this journey, I have been counting each pound as 4 sticks of butter... Why? Cuz that visual is absolutely disgusting:wink: ! Each week I would weigh in and hope that eventually I could say that I lost 100 sticks! This week not only did I hit the 100 mark but I made it to 106!!! Whoo Hoo!!! :drinker:

Replies

• lauraashley85
    lauraashley85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!! What a great way to put it into perspective!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    What a great (and gross) comparison...I love it!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! :bigsmile:
  • brenbbb
    brenbbb Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    lol nice job =]
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great job and what a visual! I love it, I am so stealing it. I have lost 96 stick of butter!
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm BUTTER! (Best Homer Simpson impression):tongue:

Oh wait, I am guessing that isn't what you were going for with the butter comparison :laugh:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! :flowerforyou: and yeah, kinda gross to think of all that butter. :laugh: :tongue:
  • Anne0209
    Anne0209 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Actually as gross as it sounds, it's actually a great way to think of it. If you look at the pics of fat, it looks kinda like butter. I suppose I'm down by 120 sticks!
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YOU'RE RIGHT! That comparison is grossly brilliant lol I sure don't want any unnecessary sticks of butter!
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    LOL that's great! I keep thinking of those 5lbs of fat vs 5lbs of lean muscle pictures. I did that calculation that HelloItsDan recommends, and it calculated how MUCH fat I have on my body, and its ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING omg. Over 100 pounds!!! SERIOUSLY!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    That's something my old WW leader used to say. It's an interesting way to get a visual of your progress.

Congrats!
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    someone told me that comparison when I was complaining about "only" losing .25 of a lb. Losing a stick of butter seems like such a better way to think of it.
    Way to go!!!!
  • Acheronus
    Acheronus Posts: 25
    Options
    I think of my start weight as a whole cheesecake, and my goal weight as all the cheesecake gone...
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i LOVE this as absolutely gross as it is, i have lost 310 sticks of butter!!!!! wow . . . . . 310 !!!!!
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    lol, awesome way to look at it! Congrats!!!:smile:
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love the butter idea, it defiantly gives a new perspective on weight. 106 nasty sticks down! Keep up the great work :)

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow I lost 220 sticks of butter. Now that's a crazy concept. Thanks! X
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i LOVE this as absolutely gross as it is, i have lost 310 sticks of butter!!!!! wow . . . . . 310 !!!!!

310 - Amazing!!!! So much butter disappearing, I love it!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    And somewhere, inexplicably, Paula Deen's brain exploded.

Also, I've lost 84 sticks of butter!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!