Not really a weight loss question.....

Options
I know there are several ladies on here who are TTClike myself, so I thought I would seek some answers from you.................

I don't know if I could be pregnant, I am having some strange symptoms is it possible?
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby since we lost our son last year. He was born with a heart defect and only lived for 20 days. Now we have been activily trying since December, and now I think I could be preggo. My symptoms are as follows;
Fatigue, I am so exhausted all the time, when I shouldn't be.
Headaches, they are coming slightly more often than usual
Nausea, this one only happened one day
Vivid and weird dreams, I have been waking up every night now, several time a night with crazy dreams, last night I even woke my hubby up thinking our house had caught on fire
missed period; no so strange for me, I have an irregular period anyway, but I had some bleeding a few weeks ago that was so light I didn't think it could pass for a period. I thought it might be implantaion bleeding, but does that usually last 5 days?
and the reason I am not positive of being pregnant is I took a test a few weeks ago and it came out negative.
I really don't want to get my hopes up too high, because we REALLY want to have our next baby, but I can't think of anything else that would cause these symptoms. Any thoughts?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.

If you've been having unprotected sex and you are fertile, you could be pregnant. Get an early pregnancy test or see your doctor for a blood test if you need to know right now. Good luck.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I took a test and it came out negative, I am afraid to take another, thinking it would just be negative again. I will, as soon as I get one, but I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby son.

I agree with the previous poster, take another test. A few weeks ago is a long time. Good luck!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I took a test and it came out negative, I am afraid to take another, thinking it would just be negative again. I will, as soon as I get one, but I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were

You said you took it a few weeks ago. It's possible it was too soon. And you may not be pregnant yet, too. It's only been three months, right? Good luck, though. I hope you get what you want -- and soon!

And, yes, all those things could mean you're pregnant. But I have those symptoms every once in a while and have not been pregnant in 18 years, so it could just be your hormones. It's so difficult to tell with our bodies sometimes!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain.

Those same symptoms can be caused by migraines or cluster headaches. Are you normally prone to headaches? If you live in the northern hemisphere, this is major allergy season, which could account for more headaches than usual. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I've been through the "ttc for years" trials myself.

When I got pregnant with #1, the test was so bloody faint that I didn't believe it was positive until I took it three times. When I was pregnant with #2 I didn't need a test. I knew from the constipation. lol I had a friend who had to take tests until she was more than 21 dpo before they turned positive. She had a healthy boy. IOW, tests aren't everything, either.

I wish you the best and hope you are, hon.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    thank you, I was getting really confused. If I'm not pregnant, than what? I do get headaches, but not nearly as much as I did before I was preggers with John. They seemed to go away after that.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I think you should make an appointment with your doctor for pregnancy testing and for the symptoms you are having. If you are pregnant, that would explain the symptoms, but if not, the doctor should be able to diagnose what is going on. Go get checked out, okay?
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    First of all, I am very sorry for the loss of your child. To answer your question about the pregnancy test, when my last son was born, I did several home pregnancy tests because of the signs I had. They all came back negative. The tests were done about two weeks apart from one another. When the signs persisted, I'd take another one when the previous one said no. Long story short, I was. It was found in an actual blood test taken at the doctor's office.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my hubby and I are TTC also, and I'm always afraid of taking tests and them being negative. I would wait until your next period date and take another test if there's no bleeding. Also, it is common to have light spotting throughout early pregnancy. Good luck :)
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss :(

Did you get these symptoms with your first baby?
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree with "Ivansmomma" - go to the doctor.
    They can tell you for sure if you're expecting and if not they help you get to the bottom of your symptoms.
    I'm praying for you that God see's your desire to have another child and gives you the blessing of a healthy baby.
    (((HUGS)))