In a Slump...Over Calories for 4 Days

Options
So I've been over my calories for the past 4 days. Three of those days, I was significantly over. I've been a little under the weather, and when I get sick, I tend to grab the comfort foods. Now, I'm just stuck in this slump and can't seem to get out. So I'm still getting over being sick, and now feeling worse mentally AND physically because of my poor food choices. I'm sorry for the rant, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through this, and if so, how did you pull yourself out? Thanks for reading and for any advice. I'm really struggling to get back on track.

Replies

• carolinenorthrup
    carolinenorthrup Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sip lots of hot tea! Not only is it great for when you're sick, but it'll help keep your hands busy so you're not snack on something else and all the water will fill you up! Good luck - hope you feel better!
  • scampbell19
    Options
    Hey Hun!

I just had surgery last Friday and i was feeling the very same way as you. I went off of my diet plan and started eating foods that I wanted rather than what was best for me. I had even decided to get off my diet for good! The next morning when i woke up...I decided that I had already invested too much time and energy so why quit now?????? I'm telling you...DO NOT QUIT!!!!! Every pound is important and although you went over on your calories...don't dwell on that...just pretend like you are starting fresh TODAY and think positive!

I know you can do it!

Shalanda
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I recently had a couple of weeks like this, started with my daughters being sick and being unwell myself. I was up and down each week between overweight and obese on the bmi scale and when I went up the last time said I was quitting, hadn't the energy for it all any more and was sticking where I was!

Then I decided I'd worked too hard to stop now, I love how much better I'm feeling and I want more of that! :-)

I realised that part of the problem was a cycle, when I ate junk I felt like junk and ate more junk from lack of energy etc. Once I figured out that the junk was causing me to feel so awful I started trying to think before I ate something about how I would feel afterwards, rather than just the idea or the taste of it. I started with one meal at a time, making better choices and took it from there. I allow myself "treats" but I make better choices there too.

The other thing I realised was that 1200 cals for me was setting myself up to fail. I was getting so tired and hungry at that level that eventually I would go over and not just by a little bit! I increased to 1410 for a bit, this week I've gone back to 1300 as I think that is enough but I don't feel so deprived and am more likely to stick to it and manage it better.

Please don't give up, you are worth the effort to get healthy!
  • Caniacgirl59
    Options
    Thank you so much! I really needed to hear everything that all of you wrote and it helped so much. Just what a girl needed this morning to turn her day around :) It's really comforting to know there are other people who really get this and understand what I'm dealing with. Thanks again for the GREAT motivation this morning.