Insanity...not making me sore.

Options
So I have a question of sorts. Does Insanity make anyone out there sore? I mean don't get me wrong the workouts are intense and hard. I am slowly getting my intensity level higher and higher with each workout but I don't feel as nearly sore as I did when I was doing P90X. Does anyone else have this same experience?

Also does anyone else get arch pain in their feet while doing Insanity workouts? I feel like I have it in me to get more intense and dig deeper yet the pain in the arches of my feet often begin to hurt so badly that I have to pause for a brief moment and then get back into it. Anyone have some tips on alleviating this?

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    My calves got sore for the first week or so but it went away and never came back. So not really.

For the arch thing, I would say you maybe need new shoes or better supporting ones?
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would definitely look into new sneakers
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Insanity definitely does make me sore. I actually just restarted now that I have more time and less physical demands from my job so that I think I can actually get through the whole program. I feel it in my chest, my back, my arms, quads, calves...I basically wake up the next morning feeling like I got a whole body workout. I can keep pace with the slower parts of the workouts but I don't have the endurance and strength yet to match the fastest paces. I do push it till I literally cannot do any more. I'm 5'2", about 108 lbs, and in pretty good shape and still burn about 350 cals on average per workout. Haven't gotten to any of the Max workouts yet so I can't say what that will be like. I feel you on the arches cramping! My feet can hurt so bad at times, and I also have to stop for a few moments to wiggle my feet around and wait for them to stop hurting. I do, however, have flat feet. I know my shoes are definitely worn out right now and I don't think that is helping. Maybe something with a little more support? I know that I want to have arch supports custom made for my feet when I get the money, lots of people say that helps so much. As far as not feeling sore...are you noticing any results? Maybe check at your next fit test and see if you're improving strength wise. Any loss of inches or pounds? If you're seeing results, then that's great! If not, try to push it a little longer and a little harder each time. Be safe, best of luck!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You need cross trainers for Insanity. If you wear running shoes or what not your arches are going to hurt. The first day my inner thighs hurt but I haven't had a lot of pain since no.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have done both programs and currently doing my hybrid of P90X and Insanity. I don't feel sore after Insanity and I get that arch pain from time to time. I think I get sore during P90X plyo because the squats are deeper and slower. We just did P90X plyo this morning. In the beginning of Insanity my knees used to get sore all the time, they are stronger now, so that's not really a problem.

For your feet, I would recommend changing out your insoles. They sale Spenco and Polysorb insoles at most sporting goods stores. The insoles that come with a new pair of shoes is SUPER thin. Also, during the exercises make sure your form and footing is good.

Good luck with your progress.
  • lnicker
    lnicker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a runner and I do a kickboxing class once a week. I had been doing Supreme 90 day and it uses weights and I sometimes would be slightly sore in my arms from that. I borrowed a friends Insanity workout and from day 1, I haven't been sore at all. I do the videos probably 2 or so times a week. Don't get me wrong, I sweat like crazy and have to catch my breath. I often wonder if I am not doing the workout properly, or am I just fit enough that it doesn't make me sore? Either way I am very happy with these videos! Can't wait to get a HRM watch to see how many calories I am actually burning during these videos.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Good news, everyone!

Soreness is not an indicator of progress. It's an indicator of soreness.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good news, everyone!

Soreness is not an indicator of progress. It's an indicator of soreness.
    ^This.