Alcohol

Options
The majority of my friends are turning 21 this year and theres alot of upcoming birthdays I'm invited to and drinking will be involed. I'm worried about my calorie intake and weight gain. Any helpful advice?

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Either don't drink, or show some discipline and drnk very little.

Or enjoy yourself and worry about it later. 1-2 nights of going over on cals won't make a huge difference in the long run, just don't make a habit out of it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Just be the DD!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to get in plenty of dancing to offset the calories.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the girlie drinks. Very high in calories! Trop 50 juice and vodka maybe? And of course moderation is the key!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the girlie drinks. Very high in calories! Trop 50 juice and vodka maybe? And of course moderation is the key!
    ^ I like this...
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I say drink lots of water, avoid wine or mixed cocktails, and be choosey about how your drink it made.
    O, and watch the munchies induced by boozing it up :wink:
    Basically, be prepared. Work out in advance, limit your drink intake, and at the end of it all LOG IT. And have your hangover remedy on hand. :drinker:
  • arjun07
    arjun07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, I normally just shot down a few HARD shots. Get me on a good level.

Dont know if this is the right answer but it saves me filling up on loads of drinks.

Normally then just before bed, a pint of water to save from the crappy felling in the morning.
  • avandy83
    avandy83 Posts: 23
    Options
    Alternate a drink with water. My favorite low cal drink is Vodka Tonic. Very refreshing too! And I'm an eater when I drink, gotta watch out for that!
  • qtpieprnsz
    qtpieprnsz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Vodka with soda water and lots of lime!!!! Low in cal!!! You can milk them and have a couple... this way partaking without over indulging!!! Good luck and be young, have fun!!!!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    my tips :

vodka / diet soda
    vodka / diet ocean spray cranberry. unfortunately, many bars don't carry this.

also, don't drive. cab it or have a DD. not worth the risk.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I say drink lots of water, avoid wine or mixed cocktails, and be choosey about how your drink it made.
    O, and watch the munchies induced by boozing it up :wink:
    Basically, be prepared. Work out in advance, limit your drink intake, and at the end of it all LOG IT. And have your hangover remedy on hand. :drinker:

oh yeah that's when fast food become 5 star dining to me LOL
    but I love this Idea
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I usually go with Diet Coke/Vodka or some sort of Light Beer...I hammer down during the week so that I can afford my extra drinking calories on the weekend. I always usually maintain my weight over the weekend, but I also ESE so that attributes to my weight loss the most. Just don't expect to be able to drink profusely and lose weight at the same time..unless you are blessed with a high metabolism. Prost!