Can some one look at my diary and tell me what I am doing wr

Options
So, I started MFP in January. I am set at a 1200 calorie diet which some of you might say is too low, however I keep it there that way if I go over just a bit a don't feel bad.. There are days that I do lgo over but for the most party I hover around between 1200 and 1400. I aslo got myself a peronnel trainer and have been working out with her twice a week, plus a do cardio 2 times a week. I try to fit in as much as I can. I lost 11 pounds since January but for the last 4 weeks I haven't lost a pound! I am getting discouraged!. I know I have been lifting heavy weight with my trainer and am gaining muscle but I don't know ifyou can use tha rguement when you're over 200 pounds! I guess I am doing something wrong with my diet??? Any suggestion would be helpful!

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    maybe eat more protein... 1200 is probably too low, actually. i'd do 1500 with more protein and i bet you'd see better results. just my 2 cents. yesterday was a low protein day for example (44)... i'd aim for 90... you had a good day a few days ago for protein
  • daycathy
    daycathy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also watch the sodium levels. It seems a lot fo your meals are very high in sodium which will be stored. A lot more protein :)
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes, up the protein, lower the carbs and eat back at least some of your exercise calories. I didn't believe it at first either but there are like a ton of articles on here explaining how people have lost more weight after hitting a plateau when INCREASING their calories. I know it is hard to believe and I can tell that you are dedicated to doing this right so do some searching on here and make your own decision. Best of luck to you. :)
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    I would say watch your sodium intake. Those canned soups and pre-packaged meals will get you. Also, start logging your water. It will help with the water weight. Third, I have no idea what quick add calories are? What if what you're quickly adding has a lot of sugar or carbs or even more sodium? Just a thought, again, I have no idea what they are. Good luck hun!!!

OH, and try changing up what your are doing for cardio. I had been doing the elliptical forever and finally switched to running and swimming and the weight started to come off again. :)
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, also I see a lot of quick add calories. When you do this it doesn't track your other macros.You have your carbs set pretty low and your protein set very high, but you are not following that. I follow the macro numbers mfp has set and I usually go over in protein. This has worked for me. I do some weights and cardio 4 or 5 times a week.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Eat more calories in your first two meals and less in the evening. I'm not sure what time you eat but eating higher calories later in the day may not be burned as efficiently. Eating when you first wake up jumpstarts your metabolism. Shoot for at least 14 grams protien with breakfast or more. Eat the fruits and non fat greek yogurt and lower fat items as your dinner meal. Try doing 400 cal for brkfst, 500 for lunch, 300 dinner, and if you do snacks 100-200 between brkfst and lunch and then again between lunch and dinner. This might help. Try not to eat after 7pm. Your body naturally slows at the end of the day to get ready for sleep. Good Luck!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is too low for any woman. eat above your BMR and below your AMR.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    cut out fruit. fruit is sugar / fructose..
    eat lots of vegetables.
    LOTS of protein.
    i recommend oatmeal and protein powder if you dont like meat..
    try tofu also.
    and try weight lifting.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why have you chosen your settings for protein and carbs?

As someone else has already pointed out - eating fruit is going to put you over such a low carb target right off - either drop the fruit, or re-think your carb goal.

And you might want to track sugars.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have appx the same weight loss goal as you and I can tell you 1200 is too low for when you are excercising. I also used to eat alot of convenience type foods but they are a killer for salt. (Bad for water retention and not good for the heart either). I plan on being here for a while so add me if you want. My diary is open to friends. You'll see I just had a bad salt day and wow I.m still paying for it.
  • towdancer67
    towdancer67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a dietician that helps me with those types of things. I use MFP for logging purposes only. What I suggest to you is to measure your neck, arms, wrists, chest, waist, hips and thighs. Check your measurements every 2 weeks. You will see what your PT has been telling you. I had plateaued myself and my trainer kept on telling me the same things but he suggested seeing a dietician or nutritionist for a second opinion on the eating.

While my weight hasn't really changed a whole lot. My measurements have gone down an average of 1/2 inch per week in certain areas and my body fat percentage has drastically gone down (that can be measured at a doctor's office). I have lost over 10% body fat when my weight didn't change. I was replacing my fat with muscle tone and not big bulky muscles, nice lean ones.

I hope this gives you some kind of relief.