I frequently eat less than 1000 calories a day, but I just d

Options
I typically eat between 800 - 900 calories a day. I don't stay under 1000 on purpose, I just try to only eat when I feel hungry and stick to healthy food options. I eat mostly chicken, fruits, veggies, and egg whites. Sometimes I get pretty close to my 1210 calorie limit, and some days the only reason I stay under is because I exercise and burn off the extra calories. I started losing weight at the beginning of January this year, and so far have lost 24 lbs. I feel great, have lots of energy, and my immune system has gotten a huge boost. I'm just concerned because I keep reading that eating less than 1000 calories a day will eventually catch up to me, and that when I've lost all the weight I want to lose, when I loosen up on my eating restrictions, I will gain a ton of it back.

Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try to gradually add to your calorie limit.... you know, 50 calories at a time (every week), and hit that limit. I do believe you should be eating more than that, but perhaps adding in gradual increments might stop a gain?

http://collegecookingandironchefamerica.blogspot.com/
  • qtpieprnsz
    qtpieprnsz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you eat too little, your body will feel like you are starving and it will store as many fat cells as possible and eat away from the muscle.... we do not want this... best to eat small meals t hroughout the day and keep your body fueled!!!!!

Follow your mfp closely and try to plan out your eating for the day... it can add up quickly.. even if you try this for a week, see what it takes.... what do you have to lose, yes the weight, but the healthy way to losing weight is not gain it back. And remember this is forever, it's not a temporary fix!!!

Good luck and stay strong!
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump me 2
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • jmshoup91
    Options
    I'm 5'5".