Been on here for a year and a half

Options
I have been an MFP member for over 1.5 years and lost a total of sixty pounds going up and down as I dropped off this site for five months I have gained fifteen to twenty pounds and am going to lose it again thanks to this great site. I love this site and like how it gives us the confidence and steps to be sucessful I have proven to myself that tracking calories keeps you from gaining to much weight my lifestyle needs to go back to tracking. I hope everyone has a great Friday Good Luck

Replies

• BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!! Great attitude!!:happy: I totally agree!!
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude. I've been on this site since October and quit for a couple of months and gained everything I lost right back.. Granted it was only like 10 lbs but it was still frusturating. Good luck on your weight loss journey. :smile:
  • donjoe1024
    Options
    The truth of the matter is, that if we dont track these calories they come and bite us in the bootie, not any fun I love this site have a great day as well my lovlies
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    great to have you back :)
  • KimVanHorn
    Options
    I'm in the boat with you! I have lost 56 so far but it has fluctuated a lot lately. I gained about 20 pounds back and I am determined to get it off and keep it off!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I joined last January and started utilizing the site in mid-March. By mid-June, I had lost a total of 30 lbs. Then I stopped using the site and stopped paying attention to what I was eating. It took almost a year to gain the weight back, but I did.

I deleted all of my previous weigh-ins this morning as a way of starting fresh. Seeing my previous losses and then my gains has been making me punish myself and inturn, hindering me from moving forward. I screwed up. I'm owning it. Now I'm moving on.

Good luck to you!!!!
  • donjoe1024
    Options
    As long as your determined and know you can do it, Staying positive is the best option you can do it for sure. I have no doubt at all good luck to you.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I joined last January and started utilizing the site in mid-March. By mid-June, I had lost a total of 30 lbs. Then I stopped using the site and stopped paying attention to what I was eating. It took almost a year to gain the weight back, but I did.

I deleted all of my previous weigh-ins this morning as a way of starting fresh. Seeing my previous losses and then my gains has been making me punish myself and inturn, hindering me from moving forward. I screwed up. I'm owning it. Now I'm moving on.

Good luck to you!!!!

I did the same thing when I had started using it again. It made me sad to see that I was doing pretty good then screwed it all up because I just got "lazy" with really watching what I ate.
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The thing is we have to realize this is a forever thing, a life journey just not until you loose the weight.....maintaining is harder but tracking and support are the best things ever.......:smile:
  • donjoe1024
    Options
    I agree with you 110 percent forever for sure
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I started almost 2 years ago and lost 38 pounds, got pregnant gained about 44. I had my son three months ago, and I am back, and ready to take it all off again! It's going to be a tough road because all of my bad eating habits and lack of exercise came back while I was pregnant. I have 20 pounds left to lose, as of today, but I would like to lose an additional 10-15 pounds. Like you, I know I CAN do this, AGAIN! :drinker:
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The thing is we have to realize this is a forever thing, a life journey just not until you loose the weight.....maintaining is harder but tracking and support are the best things ever.......:smile:
    You are so right. it's SO easy to slip back into bad habits. But WE ARE WORTH THE EFFORT!!!! Remember that. We CAN do this and make it a lifestyle change. Hope you all have a great weekend!