lower abs!!!

Options
Hello! Im new here. I had two babies back to back. They are 13 months apart. The youngest is 6 months old. I am getting frustrated with my abs. I work my abs out everyday. And im seeing absolutley no results with the lower part. My top and sides are doing well but my lower abs seem to be a lost cause! Does anyone know of any good excercises to target my lower abs? Thanks!

Replies

• Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Training them won't make them show up.
    It's all about low bodyfat.
  • calcrunch
    calcrunch Posts: 18
    Options
    Abs are 30% gym 70% kitchen.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Training them won't make them show up.
    It's all about low bodyfat.

what he said.
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thats the hardest part, but you can youtube some exercises.. Hanging ab exercises work for that area, squats, lunges, high knees, reverse crunches, hip raises and v ups just to name a few
  • alittlefluffy
    Options
    Cut out the carbs!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You will never see abs with only ab workouts.. you need to lose body fat and then you will start to see them. Add definition by doing ab workouts..
  • calcrunch
    calcrunch Posts: 18
    Options
    As stated its mostly about low bf for those lower abs, however you did ask for an exercise, so give this a try :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDxbd3N-1x0
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Ah, abs are tricky. You may have a beautiful set of abs under there, but unfortunately they'll never see the light of day until you get your body fat % down.

My advice is to quit the sit-ups or whatever you're doing now and work more on cardio and eating well and get your body fat % down through caloric deficiency. You can continue to do those workouts, but if it's too frustrating for you to not see the results you want, you may be better off focusing on burning the fat off first and then going back to them later once you've slimmed down a bit.

Good luck!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    they are there -- gotta lose the fat on them. I lose the fat on my upper abs first as well :)

Do weight lifting that involve over head presses :) good for the core!
  • thepetiterunner
    Options
    Cut out the carbs!

Do carbs somehow target just your lower abs and concentrate their powers of fat retention here? Or am I missing something?
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    cos this is a problem for me as well, how low do you have to get your body fat to just get the pooch gone? I don't necessarily have to see great abs (at my age no one wants to see a bare tummy) but I would like a flattering silhouette.
  • Jessie__86
    Options
    Thanks guys! I mean I usually do cardio everyday too! Usually kickboxing or running or tabata! And generally im happy with my body except for my lower abs! well and maybe the back of my legs! haha. But I do my whole ab workout every day too and am only seeing results in the top and sides!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thepetiterunner
    Options
    You also may want to try Pilates. I've been doing it for a couple of months now and it's really done a lot for my definition, both top upper and lower abs. Still working on my obliques though.
  • joec63
    joec63 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    To repeat what has alread been said. You won't see the lowers until you dial in your nutrition and lose the excess body fat. For men it's usually below around 12 to 10 percent BF. If someone wanted to look like Rob here then low single digits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGKSgRquY9U
  • alittlefluffy
    Options
    A few years back I tried the South Beach diet (zero carbs) I lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks, literally my stomach. I would never do it again, I don't feel it is a healthy diet, but it did teach me a valuable lesson about carbs.