Time for a change

Options
After leaving my doctors office last week I knew it was time for a change. I'm 29 and I've been over weight my entire life. Until that moment when I recieved some bad news I could care less that I was over weight. It's been how I've identified myself (happy & jolly)in every group I've become a part of.

Trying to change habits that are as old as I am will take a tremendous amount of will power and outside assistance. After searching the web and reading a ton of articles behind the psychology of weight loss & healthy living I think I found the best support group out there thats free (you guys!).

I look forward to reaching my goal with your support and I look forward to helping you reach yours.

Cheers!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's never too late to turn your life around! It's great here!
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss. It's always tough to change habits, but definitely doable.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    The commitment is the hardest part.... the rest is just math. Good luck!!!!
  • Sandra82874
    Options
    In my book you have done the first of the hardest things to do in losing weight and that is you have seen the need to do it. Now staying commited is going to be another obstacle that you have to overcome but you can do it. THis is a great website the people on here are VERY VERY supportive. So Good luck and best wishes to you
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you made an awesome choice!! The support I have received on here has literally changed my life. I have bad bingeing days, but have come to find out I am not alone!!! Feel free to add me and good luck you made a great choice toward your weight loss!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In my book you have done the first of the hardest things to do in losing weight and that is you have seen the need to do it. Now staying commited is going to be another obstacle that you have to overcome but you can do it. THis is a great website the people on here are VERY VERY supportive. So Good luck and best wishes to you

Well said!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    good for you - it's amazing how resilient the human body is -- small changes can make a huge difference!! And if I can do it anyone can....

start weight 303.4 (1/1/11)
    current weight 196.4 (down 107lbs)
    goal weight 160
    29y/o 5'6''
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    After leaving my doctors office last week I knew it was time for a change. I'm 29 and I've been over weight my entire life. Until that moment when I recieved some bad news I could care less that I was over weight. It's been how I've identified myself (happy & jolly)in every group I've become a part of.

Trying to change habits that are as old as I am will take a tremendous amount of will power and outside assistance. After searching the web and reading a ton of articles behind the psychology of weight loss & healthy living I think I found the best support group out there thats free (you guys!).

I look forward to reaching my goal with your support and I look forward to helping you reach yours.

Cheers!

so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to add me, Ill help you anyway I can :) You will feel amazing!
  • suziebuck
    suziebuck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We are all rooting for you!!!! :smile: :happy:
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    It takes some willpower and discipline to change, but I have found this site to be very helpful, motivating and supportive. if you feel like reading my blog, I've got some things I've learned over the last three months that might be helpful. Best of luck.
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is really great that you are moving in the right direction. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have a couple of things to help you as far as advice.
    1. Begin with a little at a time. Make one or two changes to your diet and lifestyle and after you get used to them add a couple more changes. I don't suggest jumping in all or nothing. That will overwhelm you. Make changes that are maintainable. Start eating actual portion sizes by measuring and weighing your food. (Don't set you calorie intake rediculously low, start off with 1/2 a pound per week weight loss goal). Instead of using butter to cook with use butter flavored pam. Stop using mayo on your sandwhiches, use honey mustard instead. Small changes to your favorite things make a big difference.
    2. Remember you are NOT on a diet. You are eating healthy.
    3. If there is something you REALLY want to eat. Eat it! Just eat an actual portion size and log it without feeling guilty. For me it is girl Scout cookies. I eat two, that is a serving size (not a whole box). I alter my calorie intake or excercise to make up for it.
    4. I started adding excercise by standing up and doing twists and marching in place for 10 minutes while watching tv instead of sitting.
    5. Drink lots of water!
    If you do these simple things you will see results and the more results you see the more you will want to do. You can totally do it and you will be amazed at how fast the weight comes off.
    Good luck!
  • trekkietaz
    Options
    looking I know you can do it I am 44 years old and weigh 345 now I and 44 years old and weigh 285 I loss 60 pounds in 10 weeks If I can do it anybody can good luck to you add me as a friend and we can keep in touch
  • Merrilies
    Merrilies Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, well done for getting to the point where you realise you want/have to take control of your weight!

It will be hard work, and at times you will feel like giving up, but please stick with it. When you feel like giving up, think of us on here and know that you are not alone in your attempt to lose weight and get fit. We are all in it with you.

I've been there and achieved it - it was hard, I won't pretend it wasn't - but I am so glad I did it, and the best thing of all was, I didn't need my blood pressure medication any more so am now tablet free. I am 48 and lost over 3 stone, if I can do it at my age, so can you.

Go for it, good luck!
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place for support and motivation. Wishing you a healthier and lighter 30th birthday :-)
  • phillieschic
    Options
    What a great day to make this decision! Add me! I support your endeavors!

YOU can totally do this!
  • rakeshberi
    rakeshberi Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In the same boat as the poster.
    Happy and jolly were a lifelong excuse.
    This site has been a tremendous help and encouragement for me.
    Please feel free to add me.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    The commitment is the hardest part.... the rest is just math. Good luck!!!!

OMG! How true is this! :)
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    I just started on Monday and this is by far the best support site on the WWW! Congrats on making the decision to become healthy! We're here for you. :)
  • Leebean7
    Leebean7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Luck! Its never too late, there are a lot of people to help keep you motivated, everyone needs motivation and encouragment when it comes to food and excersize, i would know!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's never, ever too late! You can do this!