Does anyone take their dog out running with them?

Options
I have a year old wee dog which i take out running with me about four times a week doing roughly 4 miles each run. Was just wondering does anyone else take their dog and do you think maybe four miles is to much? He's a wee ****z shu.

Replies

• kells1970
    kells1970 Posts: 29
    Options
    Ha ha i didnt blank that out!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I would love to take my dogs running with me, but I don't because they would inevitably want to stop way to often for "business", and because my route has a ton of nasty three pronged thorns (goat heads - they are horrible!) that would get stuck in their feet (I pick heaps of them out of the soles of my shoes before I go in the house). So the poor pooches stay home.

I wondered about the distance as well, especially my rat terrier - not sure if it would be too far for her. Probably not if I started her with shorter distances. If you take yours all the time, he's probably ok with it. :smile:
  • coffeye
    coffeye Posts: 20
    Options
    I take my 1 yr old basset hound running with me. 4 miles is his limit and i only take him on pavements/ tarmac once a week as anymore would be to hard on his joints. normally i take him out up to 3 times a week depending on weather as we go to a rugby club, its entire circumference in distance is one mile and there is a stream near one of the pitches which he stops at on each loop and has a drink. i like running with him as there are times when i want to give up and he keeps me going and vice versa.
  • kells1970
    kells1970 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks peeps for your replies. Four miles is my limit too altough if Toby had his way he would run on. He doesn't even stop to often to do his business lol! Like your Coffeye i love running with my wee doggie. He keeps me motivated and sometimes at 6 in the morning when i lying in bed thinking i cant be annoyed this morning, i just have to look at Toby and think how much he loves it and im up and out the door. Well that and the fact that if i dont get up he jumps all over me licking me until i do.