Shoes

Options
Ok I saw these shoes on a commercial and I have to say that I really want to buy a pair. Does anyone have a pair???

http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/styles/fitness/women_s_shape_ups/list;jsessionid=ji6bpV2GTGUVS0Ie1y5XQw**

I can always use a pair of new shoes. :laugh:

Replies

• dawnndamen
    Options
    OMG! What will they think of next!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    that is what i was thinking to myself also.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I tried them on and it didnt feel very good.

They did make me taller, that was a plus!!:glasses:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    they aren't for jogging, thus to me, they are useless
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    LOL the girl on the treadmill in the video looks so sad.

is exercise really that bad? not for me......:laugh:

My mom has a pair of fit-flops. she quit wearing them after a week. they hurt her calves.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    For over $100, these shoes would need to workout for me. lol Wonder how they decided to say they help you to lose weight? :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/58961-skechers-shape-up-shoes

Yes, I have them.

I bought them about a month ago. I think they are very comfortable to wear, look good, and like them.

I don't really know if they are doing any "shaping up" of my legs or body- but I needed sneakers and these were not a whole lot more than a regular pair so I figured I'd try them.

Perhaps if I wore them more often I'd know!! (I'm often in work shoes or sandals as it's summer, so maybe when the cooler weather comes I'll be able to tell more)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are supposed to help with weight loss only toning. They did a segment on exercise shoes on a local news show and their fitness expert liked the reebok easytones better. She said it was like walking on balls so she felt like she was engaging more core muscles. They are designed only for walking and not for running.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Modern DOCTOR SCHOLLS??? That's pricy, but if they're comfy, go for it! My standby is a pair of spotless Asics I got at a thrift store for $4 - I wear them everywhere - dress shoes or heels? forget it -- impractical in a hospital setting 40 hours a week.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Modern DOCTOR SCHOLLS??? That's pricy, but if they're comfy, go for it! My standby is a pair of spotless Asics I got at a thrift store for $4 - I wear them everywhere - dress shoes or heels? forget it -- impractical in a hospital setting 40 hours a week.

everytime you mention you work in a hospital i get mad jealous- im hoping to work in the mental health ward of a hospital in the next couple years! soooo hoping.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

everytime you mention you work in a hospital i get mad jealous- im hoping to work in the mental health ward of a hospital in the next couple years! soooo hoping.

And so I shall pray you get what you want! Trust me,it's steady work, but my job isn't at all glamorous and doesn't pay very well.... I use the computer to register patients for diagnostic tests all day long!
  • skylar_ralyks
    Options
    I did read lots and lots of things on this.
    The reviews are amazing but it also seems that Skechers sort of ripped of a brand called MBT. (us.mbt.com)
    MBT has lots of these shoes, it's the only sort they sell, they have tons of styles from casual to walking to dressy surprisingly.
    I suggest checking these out too. MBT has lots of stuff on their website about that including a whole page of studies done.
    I would love a pair of these shoes, they look really cool.
    If anything the tips they gave on walking in those shoes can be applied to others, like keeping your head up and never looking at the ground (A habit I'm now struggling to break) also using your whole foot while your walking, start at the heel and roll all the way up to the toes.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I did read lots and lots of things on this.
    The reviews are amazing but it also seems that Skechers sort of ripped of a brand called MBT. (us.mbt.com)
    MBT has lots of these shoes, it's the only sort they sell, they have tons of styles from casual to walking to dressy surprisingly.
    I suggest checking these out too. MBT has lots of stuff on their website about that including a whole page of studies done.
    I would love a pair of these shoes, they look really cool.
    If anything the tips they gave on walking in those shoes can be applied to others, like keeping your head up and never looking at the ground (A habit I'm now struggling to break) also using your whole foot while your walking, start at the heel and roll all the way up to the toes.

I actually have a pair of MBTs. They were reallyyyy expensive (mom paid for them :laugh:). But I'm still wearing them after 3 years...I wear sneakers almost everyday!!! Super comfortable. So well worth the money considering what I would have paid for a new pair of sneakers every 6 months! And you can run in them (if you run properly! their shoes come with a cd for how to use them how they work etc). I find that they do work the calve muscles a lot and they force you to have a good posture, because you can't walk in them without a straight posture (you'll tilt forward). I probably burn more walking than if I were wearing regular shoes, but I wouldn't depend on shoes for burning more calories, toning or anything like that.