Not lost in 3 weeks

Options
Hi All,
Just wondering if someone has any advice for me. I have been dieting now since September last year and have done really well losing 46 lbs, I am soooo happy with my loss and am looking much better.
Over the last few weeks I have not lost anything, wasnt too bothered the first time and was ok the second week but have weighed today and am the same, I am happy I have not put on but I exercise nearly everyday and a mixture of weights, cardio and boot camp. Where am I going wrong? Any advice help welcome, my diary is public so you can see
Thanks
Vic

Replies

• KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Based on the couple days I looked at, you're eating way too few calories.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! That's awesome! Keep your head up- these things happen.

I took a quick look at your diary over the last week or so I would suggest a few things.

1.)** Try monitoring your sugar and sodium.** It looks like your over almost everyday. In the beginning of a weight loss journey it doesn't really matter but the closer you get to your goal weight it will start showing up on the scale. Just go to setting and add it to your nutrition tracker.

2.) **Try adding in more lean proteins and less beef.** I would say go for a week with just chicken, fish and turkey. Stay away from processed meats- so go for lower sodium turkey and no turkey bacon. Whenever I hit a plateau I go for a full week w/ just fish and raw almonds as my protein. It always does the trick. Not that you need to go that extreme but I do think that beef sometimes hinders weight loss.

3.) **Try cutting down on your processed foods all together.** I notice you're always under your cals but often you're eating more than 1 serving of processed foods- soup, "diet" desserts, etc. It always helps me when I limit my processed foods to just 1 a day. That way you're not depriving yourself but you're focusing on getting in more whole foods.

Overall your caloric intake and exercise seems fine to me I would just focus on the quality of your diet. Whatever you do- stick with the change for 2 weeks before changing it again. So often people hit a plateau then change 1 thing and expect immediate results but it takes a little time for your body to adjust so be patient.

Keep up the amazing focus on dedication! I'm sure you can do it! Feel free to message me with any questions. :flowerforyou:
  • joec63
    joec63 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss. Sounds like you've hit a plateau. You can try decreasing the number of carbs and increase protein. or add another 200 calories every other day for a week. Make sure you are taking in enough calories to begin with.
  • jenlatham
    jenlatham Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try using the BMR calculator on this site to figure out how many calories you need just to lay on the couch all day. You'll probably find that you aren't eating enough calories to convince your body that you aren't starving to death. This makes your metabolism shut down. Boost calories by eating more fresh fruit & veg & unprocessed stuff. You'll feel fuller faster, and won't walk around hungry all day!