Girl Problem!

Girls during your week of the month do you have problems loosing your weight even though youre eating better and having good workouts?! This is frustrating.

Replies

• Yes and on top of that you'll usually find you've put on a few pounds but thats just water retention and bloating you'll find it goes once your off your period
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Its water weight.. don't worry just don't weigh that week :)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Yes and on top of that you'll usually find you've put on a few pounds but thats just water retention and bloating you'll find it goes once your off your period
    This.
  • Kelly3475
    Kelly3475 Posts: 7 Member
    Yes, for sure! I am guaranteed to put on 5lbs 3 days before my period. I then stay on my period for a week, and 2 days after it is over the water is gone. It get's discouraging sometimes, but it's also nice to know it's what is normal for me. Before I realized what was going on, I would see a weight gain on the scale and get discouraged and that would start a binge. Now I know better...stick to eating healthy and exercising and it'll be gone in a week!
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    I know my scale is at a standstill or going up 3-5lbs...currently just gotta work it out and you will lose your bloating feeling and water weight. keep moving keep moving and do what you do for your menu. good luck!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    I so opened this topic thinking someone had issues with courting one of you lovely ladies.....

EPIC FAIL
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    The week before is when I see a little water weight increase. Remember that the leaner you are, the less fat there is to store that pre-menstrual water!

I also get the munchies really bad that pre-week and have to make really good food choices.

Always surprising to me how the very day my period starts, all gets back to normal :-)

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Absolutely! Some times I can gain as much as 5 pounds just before mine! And that's following a weight loss plan that had me dropping 3 pounds a week! It's water weight, and really nothing to worry about. It will come off in a few days!
  • kneubee7
    kneubee7 Posts: 47 Member
    My weight is always up during my cycle. I've noticed that right before my period I go down then I shoot up around 2-4 lbs when my period starts and I don't go back down until 7-10 days after my period ends, which is when my fertility decreases (I can tell this using period tracker app). It's very frustrating. It's like 1.5-2 weeks out of the month I'm up in weight. :/
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Definately! I gain a few pounds (water) and have SUPER chocolate or anything else sweet cravings that I give in to. I have also noticed that a have NO energy during this week. I can't even get through a workout. I have started taking that week off of excercise and just trying my best to stay within calorie goal. I also don't pay attention to my weigh in.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 83 Member
    my scale only goes up during that time when i eat more or eat wrong. when i stay focused, fight through the fatigue, and make good choices i can actually lose weight. it's VERY hard but it's doable.
  • Manda530
    Manda530 Posts: 4
    Thanks everyone! This helps me to know I am not alone!
  • MeStephy
    MeStephy Posts: 39 Member
    I actually do still lose weight during that week. Maybe it is because I don't change my eating or exercise routines during that week. Or maybe I'm just a freak that way :laugh:

16301906.png
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Throwing my agreement onto the pile.. I gained something like 2-3lbs during shark week. Dropped it all (plus extra) back off a few days after.
  • ADM1979
    ADM1979 Posts: 105 Member
    I get this, but does anyone have the feeling of bloating and just plain old "I need a day of cheating!"

I feel like crap today. I want to just say to hell with this diet. I typically do really good. I measure out EVERYTHING. I exercise 6 days a week. But today, I want my sweats, chocolate, chinese, fries, diet dr pepper and some ice cream. I am ready to sit down and have a really good cry. I have found that I really don't like anyone today and I am very thankful that my cube is in a corner as I have vomit of the mouth.

I will confess that I am going to the obgyn first of April as I have been told that I have some severe symptom with this issues. but I am so lacking in motivation today. I am at the point where caring doesn't seem worth it.

I know I will go back to normal in a few days as these feeling will last me about a whole week sometime 2.

I need to scream, cry, eat chocolate (in that order) then I think I can survive this day!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    I so opened this topic thinking someone had issues with courting one of you lovely ladies.....

EPIC FAIL

ROTFLMBO! You dared to enter the secret gathering of the Sisterhood?! :tongue: Too funny! :heart:
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Oh yeah baby, it's called bloating. It's normal. In fact, It's good for you. Continue to eat well and you will find a dip after it's over.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member

EPIC FAIL

Haa!
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    yes. At least I didn't gain like most I hear and read about but did stay exactly the same.
  • mclush12
    mclush12 Posts: 35 Member
    If your having girl problems I feel bad for you son...I got 99 problems but a b&^ch ain't one....!, sorry for the song quote...just came to mind..:)