How would you record.....

Options
Powerade Zero? I drink at least one, sometimes two of these after my morning workout. There is not much in it other than flavor and some vitamins. I had been listing it under food, but I have not been listing at all lately.
Could I consider this in my daily water intake? IT makes it harder to meet my daily water goal, especially of I drink two, that 40oz which would have me half way to my water intake.

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I list any beverage that isn't water as a snack. If it has calories, sugar, or carbs I list it. If there is nothing in it that is going to impact my numbers in a bad way, I don't bother. I think the only thing like that I don't list is Diet Coke.
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Unlike soda, it's hydrating, and, I presume calorie free, so I would count it as water. I count my Mio water as water, even though it's flavored. Powerade is just water with flavoring and vitamins if it's sugar and calorie free.
  • TZE731
    TZE731 Posts: 18
    Options
    I usally list all non-water drinks even if they have zero calories. I like to keep an eye on how much sodium I take in.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    it has a lot of sodium so i would record it under snacks or with a meal. i record everything i ate or drink
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Unlike soda, it's hydrating, and, I presume calorie free, so I would count it as water. I count my Mio water as water, even though it's flavored. Powerade is just water with flavoring and vitamins if it's sugar and calorie free.
    Soda hydrates just as well as water.
  • richelliott1
    richelliott1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I read an article on Yahoo today about the "8 glasses of water a day". Research has shown all fluid counts, tea, coffee, squash ect ect.

I would count it as "water" but as someone else suggested log it just in case it has any carbs ect in it.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. It has no calories and less than one gram of carbs. I am not worried about sodium. I add salt to nothing and dont eat much that has a whole lot of sodium. I was listing it as a snack and quit.

I am trying not to get to anal retentive about logging stuff becasue that will drive me crazy. I dont log the zero calorie soda I drink either. Coffe I usually leave off.

But that is just me. My thought is it counts as water!

I just wanted to get some second and third opinions!

Thanks!!