Fear

Options
sjmgde
sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
What is your biggest fear?!?!?!?

Mine is having something happen to my son....yours?!??!?!?!?!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Having something happen to either one of my girls.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Drowning. Seeing the sun above the water and certain freedom, and not being able to breathe.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Falling. Plain and simple. Because I get hurt when I fall. ;)
  • iOS4s
    iOS4s Posts: 12
    Options
    I can cope with most fears except one. I have a huge phobia of snakes. I can not watch them on the TV or in books. When I go to the pet shop to get some bedding for the ferret, I have to send my son in to get it as I can not walk past the snakes.

I ran through a patio door once ( without opening it) when a friend showed me a garter snake.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can cope with most fears except one. I have a huge phobia of snakes. I can not watch them on the TV or in books. When I go to the pet shop to get some bedding for the ferret, I have to send my son in to get it as I can not walk past the snakes.

I ran through a patio door once ( without opening it) when a friend showed me a garter snake.

Nice to meet you.

I have alektorophobia.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Drowning. Seeing the sun above the water and certain freedom, and not being able to breathe.

Same. I feel this especially when I am driving over a big, long bridge, because I feel like I'll get trapped in my car, or it will sink before I can get out and then I'll drown. Now I realize this isn't scientific, and I'd have time to get out of my car and I'm a good swimmer :-)
  • reslere
    reslere Posts: 7
    Options

A.M.E.N.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Having something happen to ME leaving my kids to live with thier father full time. :(
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    they say there is nothing to fear but fear itself, but I dont know how one can fight fear. How can you be brave for brave's sake?

Also, I am kinda sorta creeped out by spiders. I can usually handle them, but sometimes Its too much. Went to a maze during halloween, there was a spider room and I was ok, I didnt loose my *kitten*. But I once saw a wolf spider (i think it was) crawling up my front door. I just turned around, calmly and searched for something to attack it with, sandles arent the best weapon. When I came back, it was gone... o_o;
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yep, having something happen to my son would be the worst.
    My worst personal fear (as in something happening directly physical to me), is being locked up in a small space. Weirdest thing, I never was claustrophobic before. It all started when I had to have an MRI on my shoulder and they put me in this really narrow tube for 30 minutes. Ever since then it really creeps me out to be in small enclosed places.
  • Bergiere
    Bergiere Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Dying young
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Serial killers, rapists, and falling down the stairs while holding one of my nieces or nephews. Oh, and not getting into grad school.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Zombies, seriously, even people dressed as Zombies, I just can't, I scream & have panic attacks, it's worse than my fear of Spiders & that's something.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Dark enclosed spaces. I would have made a rubbish miner, or firefighter, or potholer...
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Serial killers,

Tip for you, befriend one, they don't kill those close to them :]
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    being dead.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    What is your biggest fear?!?!?!?

Mine is having something happen to my son....yours?!??!?!?!?!

Fear is a good thing...it is there usually to warn us, to balance us. However, COURAGE WILL over come fear. There is No fear here articulated and not but that MANY have over-come and/or coped.

Be Well
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My fear would be dying and not being there for my son! He is my life!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Something happening to my kids or my husband.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    being dead.

REALLY! How would you know? I would think HOW one passes over would be more of the concern.