Which videos are best??

Options
I haven't really been exercising, other than walking. I want to try a video to get my weight loss moving...what are your favorites???

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have several but before I list them I will say, go to your library or video store (or if you have Netflix just stream them) and try a bunch of videos commitment free. I usually try new ones out this way before I decide to buy them. Saves me money and lets me have a variety of workouts.

I have several Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) by Leslie Sansone DVD's. These are good, low impact and not too difficult videos. I mostly use them for days when I want a milder workout. You can get them with weights, bands, special belts or with nothing but your body weight. Sometimes to bump up the intensity I'll run in place instead of walking and I use heavier weights.

I have a set of The Firm DVD's that I like really well. The set I have contains some cardio, some strength and some pilates type workouts. The cardio is slightly higher octane than the WATP workouts and some of the moves have you bouncing or hopping slightly but you can still modify them to be low impact if you want. The strength ones use light hand weights or resistance bands. Not really a "strength" workout IMO but still gives you a workout.

I've tried a few Biggest Loser DVD's and liked them fairly well though I have not purchased any. The cardio were good without being high impact. They had quite a few squats and lunges in the one I did so I got a good lower body workout.

TurboFire: I have the set and those are definitely higher impact. Plenty of jumping, leaping and bouncing around but super fun! There are segments of HIT built into most of the workouts and you definitely feel like you got a good workout in when you are done. Buy a good sports bra and prepare to sweat! If you like cardio kick boxing these are fun.

P90X: This one combines strength days and cardio days. I'm sure you've seen plenty of comments on the series online and if you want more info just search the forums. I've done it twice and really liked the program. I love the Plyo workout! It's a high impact jump training type workout.

I just got a Dancercise DVD from Target that has a belly dancing, hip hop, jazz and salsa workout on it. I previewed those last night and while they're short (about 30 minutes each) they look like fun. The set I bought looks like a low budget production but once I get the moves down I'll just put my headphones in with some decent music and go with it.

Can you tell I like variety? :)
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michael's dvds. I have done the 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Yoga Meltown. I recently got a Bob Harper Video and that one was tough! It was a great work out though. Those dvds are pretty cheap, less than $10 each. Other than that I do Slim in 6 and that's pretty good but was expensive.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    On you tube, free workouts- www.fitnessblender.com

or bodybuilding.com free workouts

netflix or timewarner cable if you have:-)
  • AFabulous50
    AFabulous50 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam and fast walks, but how do I log my exercise I do from videos?
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels workouts are excellent. 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Kickbox Fast Fix, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, 6 Week 6 Pack. All excellent workouts!