question for those who do 3 day split routines

Options
do you have a buffer, or do you do them 3 days in a row? do you rest between, or do you alternate with cardio?

what are your recommendations

Replies

• jsteffen80
    jsteffen80 Posts: 136
    Options
    Not sure if it's helpful, or if it even measures up to what you're asking...

My goals right now are increased strength and lean body mass without increasing my body fat percentage (it's high enough as it is).

My three day split is strength training Monday/Wednesday/Friday with no cardio as it will disrupt my recovery.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's helpful, or if it even measures up to what you're asking...

My goals right now are increased strength and lean body mass without increasing my body fat percentage (it's high enough as it is).

My three day split is strength training Monday/Wednesday/Friday with no cardio as it will disrupt my recovery.

hmm, we seem to be of similar build, and starting weight...you do just 3 days and that's it? can you copy your routine that's been working for you?
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    I lift 3 days a week sometimes 4 but rarely do cardio...Tiny legs just don't like to go very fast lol

I agree with the previous poster who doesnt want to do the cardio as it messes with his recovery. IF anything I will go for a walk at a super comfy pace with the dogs.

Sorry, I know I'm not a dude but just throwing it out there lol
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Rest between days.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Rest between days.

ok cool

do you recommend any alternative cardio? or just the day of frisbee (which I won't give up, it's my therapy) and 3 days of lifting with off days between?