Medication nsv :)

Options
Just got back from my yearly physical. The doc is so happy with my numbers she's taken me off statin and off the diuretic.

She said if I keep on this track I should be able to halve my metformin within 6 months and by this time next year I should be able to come off diabetes and blood pressure meds altogether.

I've been diabetic for 10 years folks. Full reversal of type 2 is possible with hard work.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING news! Losing weight and getting healthier! You're doing so great! :)
  • Moin78
    Moin78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is wonderful news. Talk about motivation! I don't know you, but I am PROUD of you!!!
  • coylelaura
    coylelaura Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome. I wish I had patients like you. :)
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG, that is totally awesome and fabulous, combined! Good on you, and keep up the good work. What an inspiration!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! It really is simple too - eating right, exercising, treating your body well and it rewards you with health. Huge congrats on taking control and making a change for the better!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Such amazing news!!! So happy for you!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go guy! Thats a huge accomplishment. I am at huge risk because my parents and grandparents have it. Doc warned me about this too. Its good to know that there is a way back, you just gotta apply yourself hardcore status.

Way to go man, seriously thats awesome!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    fanTASTIC!! So excited for you!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wooo hoooo!!!!!
    This is awesome news.....good for you!!! :D
    I know (since my hubby is also a diabetic) this is not an easy feat....congrats to you on your accomplishments :bigsmile:
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Such great news! Congratulations!
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful news!
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats and keep it up! :)
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Congratulations on the great news and keep up the hard work!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's awesome news! Congrats on your progreess!
  • elwinberry
    Options
    So happy for you and so proud. That is totoally amazing. You have been working hard and its paying off. See this is why we should not rely on the scale to tell us how were doing. There are so many other things changing with us that makes it all worth while.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! thats one of the best NSV's ive ever read!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for posting!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thats great I know how much that kind of stuff sucks
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is wonderful news. Talk about motivation! I don't know you, but I am PROUD of you!!!

like button insert!! WOW GREAT NEWS KEEP IT UP!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!