1200 calories a day and only 15 carbs

Options
Does anyone eles have this problem ? In my goals it says im allowed 1200 calories a day but only 15 carbs. There is no way i can stick to this , it seems impossible. I mean come on 1 nectarine has only 60 calories but has 14 carbs. If anyone is managing to stick to this plan please post some info on what you are eating ... Cause I just can't seem to do it !!!! Thank You :)

Replies

• twilight1542
    Options
    What diet are you on? I use MFP's figures and I get 1200 cals and 165 carbs :ohwell:
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    this is interesting...I'm also 1200 cals a day, and 56 carbs. Something has got to be wrong. From my professional opinion, I think this is bad because it's just too low. You NEED more carbs. Carbs supply energy to the body, 15 is just too low, I'll say it again. I think you should go manually reset yours to about 45-65 carbs.
  • Hayley1
    Hayley1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, maybe there's something wrong... I just finished reading a health magazine recently that said around 1g to 1.5g of carbs per lb of body weight would fuel workouts and help recovery, but keep you from gaining too much weight. I have been following this for 2 weeks and lost 4 lbs. Anything less than that and I am craving sugar and bread/crackers like crazy! Check your settings to make sure everything is set up right... I am relatively new to this site so I don't know what else to suggest. Good luck, and I hope you get it figured out soon. :)

233519.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lolabunny
    Options
    Hey, maybe there's something wrong... I just finished reading a health magazine recently that said around 1g to 1.5g of carbs per lb of body weight would fuel workouts and help recovery, but keep you from gaining too much weight. I have been following this for 2 weeks and lost 4 lbs. Anything less than that and I am craving sugar and bread/crackers like crazy! Check your settings to make sure everything is set up right... I am relatively new to this site so I don't know what else to suggest. Good luck, and I hope you get it figured out soon. :)

Interesting!
  • halfacerk
    Options
    hummmm may be it has something to do with your activity level that you chose in the set up because i am also on 1200 and allowed 165mg of carbs i never seem to make it tho. i chose mod active.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Check your goals; maybe you inadvertently changed your carbs. Mine looks like this:

Nutritional Goals Target
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,210 calories/day
    Carbs / Day 166 g
    Fat / Day 40 g
    Protein / Day 45 g

MFP allows you to choose your own goals but if you're just starting you'll probably want to go with the defaults unless you are on some other diet.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Something is wrong with your set up. MFP automatically assigns something like 55% of your calories to carbs. I lowered mine to 40% because I'm controlling my blood sugar levels. 15 is totally undoable.
  • twilight1542
    Options
    hummmm may be it has something to do with your activity level that you chose in the set up because i am also on 1200 and allowed 165mg of carbs i never seem to make it tho. i chose mod active.
    I have the same #'s and am set at sedentary. I use the MFP presets.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm a 212 pound male. MFP has me on 1510 calories and 208 grams carbs,,, which is just about on that 1 gram carb per pound of bodyweight guideline...

It's probably speccing a little more protein for a dude,,, but man your number sounds low. I'll bet something's wrong.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    you need to go to goals / change goals / manual

and check the percentages there.

Average setting is 55% Carbs, 15% Protein, 30% Fat (you can change them to what you want, but this is standard)

You can even just try to readjust your goals with the recommended button if you don't want to use the manual setting because I'm sure something just got entered incorrectly.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ... just checked setting and now thing seem more normal woooohoooo im allowed 165 carbs feel like i just hit the jackpot lol