My first REAL goal...

Options
AliciaBeth78
AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
Last night I did something that I haven't done in such a long time! I ran 15 minutes straight! I know to some of you, it isn't a big deal.... to me, it's a HUGE accomplishment! Every time I think about it I seriously start crying! I can't even describe the feeling of finally running over a mile without stopping!

Next Step: 2 miles straight!

Replies

• Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Good for you. I tried just last week to jog for the first time and can't go more than about a minute before returning to walking. I hope some day to get up to 15 minutes like you. If you don't mind sharing, how long did it take you to get to this point? Did you start out with just a 1 minute jog, then walk some, then jog some, etc.?
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! A mile is a huge deal..I wanna be able to do that..xoxo
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I definitely know the feeling & it feels wonderful! I just completed a 5K & before only ran, 26 mins (2miles on treadmill), then, outside almost 2.5 miles, then practices the 5K going 3.3 miles & then completed the 5K. I bet you will get further than the 2 miles next time! I am not a runner either, but seem to think Im becoming one finally!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I tried just last week to jog for the first time and can't go more than about a minute before returning to walking. I hope some day to get up to 15 minutes like you. If you don't mind sharing, how long did it take you to get to this point? Did you start out with just a 1 minute jog, then walk some, then jog some, etc.?

^^^this^^^
    I would love to start jogging..without being exhausted after 30 seconds.
  • AliciaBeth78
    Options
    I actually started with 30 second sprints followed by 1 minute walks (about 15 times), then I increased to 2 minute runs followed by 3 minute walks, then 3 minute runs and 2 minute walks. I have no clue what came over me last night, but I looked at the treadmill at 20 minutes and didn't even really look at it again until 35 minutes.

I seriously think I could have kept going if I wasn't so excited!
  • kagero1976
    kagero1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think that is great. Running for a long time is not easy, especially if you are new to it. Not only that, but being able to meet a goal gives you a huge sense of accomplishment and self confidence. Good job and good luck on your next goal!
  • AliciaBeth78
    Options
    Awesome, I definitely know the feeling & it feels wonderful! I just completed a 5K & before only ran, 26 mins (2miles on treadmill), then, outside almost 2.5 miles, then practices the 5K going 3.3 miles & then completed the 5K. I bet you will get further than the 2 miles next time! I am not a runner either, but seem to think Im becoming one finally!

Congrats on that!!! I can't wait to do my first 5K.... it will be a HUGE stepping stone for me!!!
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    i read that if you can jog for 30 minutes straight, you can train yourself for a half marathon in 12 weeks. Guess what? I'm running my first half marathon in 1 week.
    i took what I read and i believed it. I follow the Hal Higdon schedule online....unleashing the beast.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!