Horrible at math, want to calculate my walking speed

I walked 2.2 miles in 35 minutes. It was over both level and hilly roads, so I don't know how much of a factor that is. Can anyone help?

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    "I walked 2.2 miles in 35 minutes. It was over both level and hilly roads, so I don't know how much of a factor that is. Can anyone help? "

take 35 mins divided by 2.2miles to get 15.9 mins per mile....then take 60 mins divided by 15.9 to get 3.8 mile per hour....

15.9 mins per mile....3.8 miles per hour
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Someone will have to check my math.. But I got 3 3/4mph.
  • It is 3.8.

Here's the math for future reference: Take the number of minutes you walked and divide it by the number of miles you walked, like so: 35/2.2=15.9

Then divide 60 (minutes in an hour) by the number from the above equation, like so: 60/15.9=3.77

I rounded up for your answer, so 3.8. don't ask me to explain why we use this equation because I have no clue. I just know thats how you do it. lol
  • To get MPH you divide the distance in miles by the time in hours: 2.2 miles / 0.58 hours = 3.79 MPH
    To get your pace (minutes per mile) you would divide the time in minutes by the distance: 35 minutes/2.2 miles = 15.9 minutes/mile,
    you could also divide 60 by 3.79 to get the pace.

Good Pace!
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Speed = distance / time. If your time is already in hours, just divide. If you time is in minutes, convert it to hours by dividing by 60 first.
  • vesperka
    vesperka Posts: 1 Member
    Divide an hour by the minutes you walked and multiply it by your distance. This will give you your speed.

60/35 * 2.2 = 3.77 mph.
  • Thanks everyone for the help!