Fatigue..

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
I've lost weight, eating my lean proteins, leafy veggies, fruits & low carbs, but holy smokes I'm tired all the time....:sick:

I think it's because I'm cookie deficient. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    I've lost weight, eating my lean proteins, leafy veggies, fruits & low carbs, but holy smokes I'm tired all the time....:sick:

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Where are your calories? They might be too low. And how long have you been at it? Sometimes the body just needs time to adjust.

:flowerforyou:

mmmm...cookies.:tongue:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Don't you wish there was such a thing as cookie intolerance... kind of like lactose intolerant? :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I think the key is "low carbs". How low? Carbs are your energy. If you're too low, you will feel tired.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY agree with banks....carbs are what gives your body to fuel. YOU NEED THEM! Try upping those a bit....I bet you'll have more energy and be back to your normal self!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Thanks I'll give that a try.

(How many carbs in a Mrs. Smith's chocolate chip????) :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Don't you wish there was such a thing as cookie intolerance... kind of like lactose intolerant? :laugh:

*sigh* there is. . .wheat intolerance. I can still find cookies I can eat, but have to look a lot harder. Which is good. . .and bad.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Check your iron!. This is a common problem in women, especially when dieting. We cut out many food and food combinations that have or help absorp iron. Take a supplement once a day (not with any other prescribed meds... seperate taking them by a couple of hours)

I always feel tired when I am low on iron..

Good luck!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    As other said... check your Iron and Carbohydrates. You need them both and will give you a bump in energy. I take an Iron supplement everyday as told to by my Doctor! :smile:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

*sigh* there is. . .wheat intolerance. I can still find cookies I can eat, but have to look a lot harder. Which is good. . .and bad.

I had that too. I couldn't eat anything with Gluten in it. I used to get sores in my mouth, stomach pains, bloating etc etc. Then I got pregnant and it pretty much went away, bloating still there when i eat wheat, isn't that crazy?! So I feel your pain but it does get easier. How long have you've known about your intolerence?
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree Banks...the first thing I thought that perhaps her "good carb" amount is wayy too low.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

I had that too. I couldn't eat anything with Gluten in it. I used to get sores in my mouth, stomach pains, bloating etc etc. Then I got pregnant and it pretty much went away, bloating still there when i eat wheat, isn't that crazy?! So I feel your pain but it does get easier. How long have you've known about your intolerence?

About a year. . .I find that I can tolerate wheat about once a week (or two) now. Oh, and not getting pregnant to fix it. . .oh, no no no.:wink:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

About a year. . .I find that I can tolerate wheat about once a week (or two) now. Oh, and not getting pregnant to fix it. . .oh, no no no.:wink:

cmon viv, you know you want to be a baby moma! :tongue:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

For the past week I have been the same way, before that I was full of energy and feeling good. I don't know what gives either.:yawn: And I use to be a cookie monster, love my cookies.:cry: