How Long Did It Take To Get Your Tax Refund?

Options
Once you found out the IRS had accepted your 2011 tax return, how many days did it take for you to receive your refund? Also, when did you file? (Just wondering because I've heard that supposedly they were processing them a lot slower for some reason back in February).

Just curious as they accepted mine a few days ago and the sooner I get my refund the better! lol! Their website says that I can expect my return within 10-21 days but hoping I somehow get mine sooner than that.

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I e-filed & direct deposited and got mine in around a week.

JM
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know JM. I also e-filed & signed up to have it direct deposited. When did you file?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Refund? Lol..............................

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I e-filed literally the DAY they started accepting them. I think it was about a week before I got my refund.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    what's this tax refund i keep hearing people speak of?
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    I e-filed on the 10th and received my direct deposit on the 21st.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    e-filed. Took close to 4 weeks for the federal. IRS didn't even have an update in their database for over 3 weeks, even though I'm apparently supposed to be able to see a status online after 3 days.
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Thank you very much for your input everyone.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to April, the longer it takes. I sent mine in back in early March & got it in 8 days.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A what?????
  • meganmac21
    meganmac21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also e-filed and received the direct deposit a week later
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    E-filed Feb 6th and got my return Feb 24th. Their system went down in Feb which is while it took awhile longer for some people to get their returns back.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    It took mine a little longer, but my son's only took about 10 days. Some may depend on the type of return (1040 EZ versus 1040 with Itemized deductions.). The IRS was taking a bit longer as there have been some identity theft issues with people filing for refunds using someones name and SS# and then the real person filing. I think they have sped up a little in the last few weeks, but closer to April 15th it will be slow again.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Refund....I wish...:(((
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    Refund? I wish I was getting a refund.... gasp! Oh well.....life is good!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Took about 3 weeks for State (Oregon). About 5 weeks for Federal.
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Our federal came back in about a week. State, well, that's another story. We filed Feb 25th and we'll probably see it....well, never ; )
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I e-filed in February and it took about a week for direct deposit.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't get a refund. I'd rather send a check in at the end of the year.

(RANT) I don't believe in a government enforced interest free savings account. From the government's standpoint, it's my money until I owe it to them. They (the government) for the most part don't believe that I am capable of intelligently managing my money, so they try to keep all that they are owed (and then some), and penalize me if I don't let them keep enough, even though I have the money in the bank to write the check when it's due... grrr... (/RANT)

From my standpoint, it's God's money, and I am responsible to be a good steward of it, and feel that I can manage it just as well as, if not better than, the treasury department ... but that's a topic for another day.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Will let you know when it comes