Jacket spud toppings

Options
What does everyone put on their jacket spuds? I am boring, it's usually beans or pasta.

Replies

• grumpybearchemo
    Options
    chilli is good on jacket spuds! yum
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I like salsa on mine!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bacon, cheese, sour cream, and onion :D
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Tuna with sweetcorn, peppers (mixed)
    chicken bits with mixed salad
    lean ham and cheese
    cottage cheese
    chilli mince
    lentils/red kidney beans

there are lots and lots of varities, Ithink you can top spuds with whatever you fancy really!
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like Laughing Cow Light, green giant sweetcorn and grated carrot on mine. Om nom nom.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i assume that is what US folks would call a baked potato.

I love to top mine with greek yogurt!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i assume that is what US folks would call a baked potato.

I love to top mine with greek yogurt!

I've never heard of it called jacket potato lol only baked. I think it may just be part of America that calls it that.

I agree with the chili answer!!!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I make a sauce from lean bacon, diced leeks or onions, mushrooms and low fat creme fraiche. Then, I scoop out all the potato from the cooked spud, mix it with the sauce and plop it back in.
    God, I want that now.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well 25 years ago when I used to live in Leeds my husband and I enjoyed jacked potato with, sweet corn ,cheese and pineapple.I never can buy that here in Maryland.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol. not this U.S. girl, I was so lost. we are talking potatoes, correct? haha
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What the hell is a jacket spud?
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Homous and olives
    Grated cheese
    Roasted red peppers, feta and artichokes
    Cottage cheese
    Baked beans
    Tuna mayonaise
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    What the hell is a jacket spud?

A potato, oven baked with the skin on, hence the jacket part.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I knew the term from the Outback. LOL - I think they've since surrendered and gone to "baked potato" here in the US, but when they first opened it was a jacket potato on the menu.

I like so much stuff on my baked potatos - they aren't even remotely healthy when I'm done, so I just usually go with a little bit of butter and salt, and then lots of pepper.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Jacket spud sounds so much cuter and fancier than baked potato.

I like them simple...a little butter, salt and pepper and let them soak up the steak juice if I have them with steak.

Otherwise, butter, sourcream, and cheddar.

The real key is in how I cook them...rub with olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, and wrap all that up in foil. I LOVE eating the skins that way.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The real key is in how I cook them...rub with olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, and wrap all that up in foil. I LOVE eating the skins that way.
    I do too! Only without the rosemary. So so good!
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    garlic butter (freshly made even), then diced bacon that has been sizzled until it is crispy, a bit of grated cheese (unless I forget), sour cream, corn kernels and coleslaw.
  • madbitchdonna
    Options
    lol. not this U.S. girl, I was so lost. we are talking potatoes, correct? haha

yeh, its a potato with a coat on :)
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    my absolute favourite - shredded cabbage, bacon bits (anything from sliced lean smoked ham to actual cooked up bacon - aiming for salty), bit of shredded cheddar (light as you like) and mix together with low fat mayo and lemon pepper - delicious!!

I have also swapped the mayo for low fat greek yogurt and a bit of seedy mustard (everything else the same) and it is still awesome :D
  • watc64
    watc64 Posts: 1
    Options
    once baked, scoop out the inside and mix with some broccoli stuff back into the skin, sprinkle some low fat cheese and bake them back in oven, so good