I need help with shorts!

Options
I am a pretty large bottomed lady, and I cannot find shorts ANYWHERE that fit me. I have small hips, a large butt, and large thighs. I'm not ever going to be able to get rid of my thighs because I played soccer for 15 years and they're pretty much never going away. I just need some shorts that aren't skin tight around my thigh area. Any other fat bottomed girls out there wanna help me? :D

Replies

• sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    try yoga capris with a flare fit just below the knee. i am hippee' so I always go with a flare at the end of my pants for capris.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    Just buy pants? That's what I wear.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Buy them so they fit in the bum/thighs and have the waist/hip area taken in? I can get that done here for about $10
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells Danskin. They are the only shorts I will wear!
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs and can usually find at least one pair at Old Navy to fit.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    Im the same way & guess what! I HATE SHORTS & NEVER WEAR THEM!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The always look wrong! Pants, skirts or Maxi dresses all year round....
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. Just bought 2 pair last week! So comfy!
  • kbendert
    kbendert Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have any helpful suggestions for you, as I am in the same boat! I carry all my weight in my butt and thighs, and for years have avoided wearing shorts altogether! I am interested in hearing people's suggestions, I think this summer I am finally comfortable enough with by body to wear shorts!
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Try to look for ones that have drawstrings in them? That way they stay up on the waist but can be bigger on the thighs
  • Layla76
    Layla76 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Maybe look for shorts that say boyfriend fit. I just got a pair from American Eagle and they are the first pair of shorts that I have bought and liked and felt roomy around my thigh and hip area.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bottom heavy lady here. I like NY&Co shorts and Old Navy :-)
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    I was going to say try Boyfriend fit shorts :smile: They tend to be baggier around the bottom/thigh area :smile:
    xxx
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've always hated shorts because of how big my thighs are. I tried some short on at Old Navy last year and fell in love with them! They make me wonder how I went so many years without wearing shorts!
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have you tried AE? I have big hips and smaller thighs - the opposite of you and I hate how their jeans fit me. I wear a size 6 and the waist is always tight while the butt/leg area is HUGE.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I just found some at Forever 21 that fit well!
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks y'all! I'm about to go look at Old Navy and AE! I used to wear AE when I was younger and they always fit great, but as I got older, they never fit right, so I stopped wearing them, but I guess I can go try again!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Buy pants and cut them.
  • grumpybearchemo
    Options
    im exactly the same all my weight is in my butt and thighs and have quite a small waist in comparison. i have found shorts that fit lovely, but living in england my suggestions aren't really going to be any good.
    i always felt fat and horrible at school because there was no girls with a body shape like mine, they all had twiggy legs even the larger sized girls, its nice to know there are many women like me :D
  • ddmba5
    ddmba5 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have large rear and thighs and have been happy with jeans purchased here.... they also sell a few shorts styles- not many, but a few... www.pzijeans.com
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im the same way & guess what! I HATE SHORTS & NEVER WEAR THEM!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The always look wrong! Pants, skirts or Maxi dresses all year round....

Yes! Short skirts, even denim, look great!