Replies

• new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good luck deciding!!!! :laugh: :ohwell:
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    From everything I read prior to getting my current phone, the Galaxy and the iPhone battle pretty neck to neck. Except in a few areas where android exceeds but not by much. So, I got the Galaxy and am inlove with it. It's pretty easy to use and didn't come with a 600.00 bill.

im a rooter.. and i tell you.. i love moding my phone and the openness.. being able to upgrade your stuff on your own terms is very nice..
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have an iphone now. Had an android before. They aren't really that different, but I do think I like my iphone a little better.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my family has an Iphone. That is why I just got the new ANDROID RAZR MAXX. Best phone out there and I'd put it up against the Iphone any day.

(I'm not one for groupthink)

BTW, it does everything the Iphone does and more, has a larger screen and the battery lasts me three days!
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I work in the cell phone industry....and I can let you all in a secret: Blackberry is going down!! RIM recently changed leadership and will HAVE to undergo some serious modifications if they are to stay solvent.....and with their recent nationwide connection issues, they simply are not of the caliber of the Apple products. I firmly believe Android IS the future of telecommunications, but it's going to take some time for them to catch up to Apple. The volume of new apps being developed for the iPhones are just astounding, although Apple is very diligent about the Apps codes submitted to them for approval. The phone I recommend is the NEW Motorola Razr Smartphone, cause if they are even HALF as good as the old Razrs, they will be a worthwhile investment!
  • byronguy74
    Options
    Android all the way! My biggest complaint with an iPhone is the need for iTunes... If you are a techie you will like android more, if you are not a techie you will probably be better off with an iPhone.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    ive done iphone and droid and i like the top droid phones more.
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have the android HTC incredible II I love it. One day I want an iphone, but for now i am happy with my android.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Samsung Galaxy SII is the best phone and Android is the best OS IMHO. However, if you want a small, limited phone with lots of great apps get the iPhone. I've recommended both to specific individuals depending on their personality and relationship with technology. Some people are tops (Android) and others are bottoms (iPhone).

Also, if you are a hipster get an iPhone. Otherwise, your hipster friends will make fun of you.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I work in the cell phone industry....and I can let you all in a secret: Blackberry is going down!!
    Not really a secret lol! I knew this before I bought my BB. I got it because I don't care about all the tricks you can do with Android and iPhones. I wanted a phone. And to be able to check my email and get texts on the go. And to use BBM because all my friends back in my home country are on it (saves me a ton on texts). I'm pretty basic.
    Also, if you are a hipster get an iPhone. Otherwise, your hipster friends will make fun of you.
    THIS!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Its got to be the galaxy s 2, its the best. My friend has an iPhone and got quite jealous when he saw my galaxy ;0)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I have a Casio G'Zone Commando from Verizon. I love it because it's an Android phone that is dust proof, shock proof, waterproof, and has Gorilla Glass for the screen (very strong break/scratch resistant). I have had an iPhone, a Samsung Galaxy 2, a LG Optimus S and Optimus Slide and HTC Hero. My favorite by far is the one I have now.

This is the phone I have also, if your an outdoor type there is no choice, darn near indestructable.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    If you want to be a "cool kid" by all means get an iPhone. If you want a phone that just works and actually gives you options then by all means go with android. You have to remember the reason that iPhone seems so great id because Apple spent millions making iOS work on only one set of hardware while Google has spent millions making Android work on various platforms. Does Android have issues? Yes it does but if Google could have eliminated all those issues if they had chosen to limit you to only set of hardware like Apple does. I don't know about you but I like having the choice of different hardware instead of various sized lil white bricks.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm another vote for the Android team. I'm currently using an HTC Evo 4G Shift and my boyfriend has the Samsung Galaxy; I'm tempted to say that I like his a bit better than mine.
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Got the iPhone but became bored with it in the end and moved to Samsung Galaxy S2 which has proven to be the most useful phone I have had.

In my opinion iPhone's greatest weakness (default locked in) is also it's greatest strength (no dodgy apps screwing around with the O/S), but it really depends what you want.

Also tried Windows Phone, and it looks good but I didn't like the metro interface (so not looking forward to Windows 8 either). However I think posters who advocate iPhone are right to advise waiting to see what the new model offers.
  • Cherishanne
    Cherishanne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also went from the iphone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy S2 and they are fairly similar for a simple user. I do prefer the Galaxy's larger screen and easy usability.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Android all the way! My biggest complaint with an iPhone is the need for iTunes... If you are a techie you will like android more, if you are not a techie you will probably be better off with an iPhone.

^This. You can do a lot more with an android phone if you are techie. iPhone is more user-friendly/ straight forward for non techie, IMO, for now. But I really don't think you can go wrong either way.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would like to clarify that not all Android phones are "Droids" Only Verizon has the Droid brand (which they licensed from Lucas.) I have the Galaxy S2. I'm not opposed to the iPhone and I've recommended it to a few people, but personally the S2 is the best IMO. Though, I've got my eye on the S3 and can't wait for it to come out!
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    iPhone

/thread
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love my Android HTC Evo Shift! !!!