Anyone want to start a new challenge?

Options
I see all these different challenges like push ups and sit ups, beach body, biggest loser, and other supportive groups and I want to be in one, but they all started so long ago. I was thinking off starting one, but can't really think of what... anyone have an idea or want to start one too?

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I see all these different challenges like push ups and sit ups, beach body, biggest loser, and other supportive groups and I want to be in one, but they all started so long ago. I was thinking off starting one, but can't really think of what... anyone have an idea or want to start one too?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Feel free to join the fitness challenge at any time. It's called the Victorious Victoria Day Fitness Challenge - just let us know your fitness goals and check in every day. I think all the groups welcome new members at any time.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:

I was looking for something other than fitness...

Something to keep me on track with my eating.
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    that's how i feel! i would like to be in a new one, but i'm sorry to say i have no ideas.:sad: but i will keep thinking and keep watching for the challenge!
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    You're part of the 28lbs or less club aren't you? Maybe I should think of an internal challenge for that one! :wink:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Nope, not part of the 28lbs or less club. I have a lot more than 28lbs to lose, hehe.
  • nikiholm
    nikiholm Posts: 19
    Options
    I need something for eating too. I haven't met my calories for the past two weeks. I have the set in impression that if I eat what I worked off...what good will that do me. I try...but I just can't seem to get the calories in during the week. Except for Fridays...the eat out night with my family.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    You are worried about eating your workout/exercise calories?
  • nikiholm
    Options
    Yes...according to my food diary I should eat those...right?:ohwell:
  • wagsgirls
    Options
    see i'm with you i just don't get that! i always thought that in order to lose you needed to burn off what you took in or more than what you took in. i don't know guess i'm just confused!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Yes, you should! :smile:

At first I was confused as well... I'm trying to lose weight, why should I eat all these extra calories?

BUT... your body will go into starvation mode if you don't and you will most likely not lose fat.

Read these:

1.) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9614-newbies-please-read-me

2.) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

3.) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

It's all explained there. :heart:
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    I Agree, we should start a new one!

Theres one just been done in another post, wedding challenge or something!

The rules in that are pretty good. asigning someone else a challenge such as 50 crunches!

I think this is a great diea. However when ever you pass it on to th next person, you have to add say 10 on. I dont really know, just throwing ideas!

But i like the idea

_-x
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    I Agree, we should start a new one!

Theres one just been done in another post, wedding challenge or something!

The rules in that are pretty good. asigning someone else a challenge such as 50 crunches!

I think this is a great diea. However when ever you pass it on to th next person, you have to add say 10 on. I dont really know, just throwing ideas!

But i like the idea

_-x
  • nikiholm
    Options
    That sounds like a really good idea. It would make me do the strength exercises I try to avoid.
  • washcapfan
    washcapfan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would love to start a new challenge food or fitness. Please keep me in the loop if you come up with something. I am going to start training next week for the 3 day breast cancer walk in October. (Been working out but need to focus more on endurance) I am fortunate that i have never had breast cancer but we had a good scare a few months ago with my best friend. Turned out fine but was hell for a few weeks. So I decided that I want to do what I can to help the cause and keep information flowing. I will need to stay focused and lose weight and strengthen before the walk.
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Determinded to drop - Shall we??
    You started this thread missy, so it's up to you?

Ive just got a few ideas thats all :laugh:

__x
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    If you want more of a food challenge and some of you struggle to keep to your calories why not do something that includes you telling everyone in the challenge how close you came to your calories that day. Like say if you were 50 calories under or 30 calories over etc and tell everyone why?

Could be interesting, hold you accountable and even FUN if some people hit it exactly right!!!!

Amanda
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    I did a challenge for Myself one time for 30 days only ,

The Challenge

30 days

NO fast food
    NO sugar
    Low Fat in any food I ate (8%) and under
    No OR low sodium/salt

It worked wonders I actually lost about 3-4 pounds amazingly enough !

Thought I would share !

~Becci
    Seattle
  • wagsgirls
    Options
    sounds like there are some great ideas on here! so when are we starting?!
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    Just as soon as determinded to drop gets her Bum on here and says so! :tongue:

Hurry laydeee, were all excited! :laugh:

__x