Any Women Over 6 Feet?

Options
Hey!
Been on the forums for awhile (and looking for a twin in the twin post), and I've noticed that there don't seem to be a lot of taller than average ladies out there... I'm 6'1, and wondering if there are any other tallies out there???

If yes, are there any exercises you think you have problems doing because of your height? I think I am "burpee impaired" because I am so far away from the ground :laugh:

Would love to hear from you!

Replies

• knew71
    knew71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I am just shy of 6 feet. If you go into "groups" there are a few for us tall ladies. Good stuff about goal weights and where to find long enough pants.
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i'm 6'1 too! i hate being so tall! i have giant feet and pants and sleeves are always too short!
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 does that count..lol...
  • katrodelle
    katrodelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow glamazons! I'm 6ft and half an inch.....terrible trouble with pant length, sleeve length, skirts and dresses always look a bit off, and don't even start me on shoes....

I hadn't thought about burpees before and I find them really tough, but I thought that was because I didn't like them....now I have a reason!
  • jujuvoodoo
    Options
    Oooh, oooh, me too! I'm 6'1" and really irritated that I can't enjoy shopping a bit more now that I have lost some weight!

I love talking to other tall women; we seem so rare :) Feel free to add me.
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm only 5'10 (only!) but I have noticed there are definitely some yoga poses that are much harder at our height. Also, I am a runner and HATE getting a glimpse of myself in windows because I look like a giraffe loping along. I'd much rather have that short, perky stride.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm only 5'10 (only!) but I have noticed there are definitely some yoga poses that are much harder at our height. Also, I am a runner and HATE getting a glimpse of myself in windows because I look like a giraffe loping along. I'd much rather have that short, perky stride.

OMG this made me laugh - I run too and I will never be graceful at it!!! Everyone thinks because you have these long legs your should be able to run like a gazelle... however, pair those legs with butt and thighs and things get tricky!!! lol
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have to agree on the burpee comment! I am in pretty good shape and they take me forever! I see the little twerps next to me just knocking them out and get SO frustrated! :laugh: By the way I'm also 'only' 5'10", but my arm span is 6'1", so I also hate push-ups - we have to go down so much further until our chest hits the floor!
  • meganmac21
    meganmac21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 6'2 and 246lbs (GW 190lbs) (shoe size 11, pant size 16 (would easily be an 18 if I wasn't "blessed" with such a flat bum haha), 36" inseam, top size XL/16--larger, muscular frame hidden by my very unwanted chub--long legs, but not super long, maybe they'll look longer when they're thinner!)

I just figured I'd share where I buy most of my pants (bear in mind, I'm on a budget, so I usually will spend no more than $59 on pants and as mentioned before, I have wide hips, but a relatively flat bum): So, Gap XTall and Tall pants and jeans (I know, "You're better than The Gap"), but hey, their skinny jeans and dress pants fit me surprisingly well, which as I'm sure, you can all agree is not an easy feat! The only issue now is that they no longer sell 16Tall and XTall in the stores near me (MA), and according to the sales associate I spoke to a while back, Gap has stopped selling Talls and XTalls over size 12 in all stores so you have to order them online (could be taken one of three ways: discrimination, motivation or perhaps a business strategy from some big shot CEO who doesn't realize that most 6ft+ women are not supermodel skinny and they prefer to try things on before purchasing). I digress, if my post helped or entertained at least one person on here, I'm happy. I love hearing from other tall women like me. Best of luck beautifuls!
  • joannehaydon
    Options
    Finally and excuse for my rubbish effort at burpees!!! i do find that it's so much furthur to move!

Also i don't know the name of it but when you have to lie on your back and hold your legs straight out 2" from the floor. I struggle so much at it. I'm convinced it's because my legs are so much longer and therefore heavier!!
  • SunflowerCutie
    SunflowerCutie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well I'm under 6ft, but I'm 5'8/9". It's so good to relate to other tall women
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and a half inch :) I weigh 177ish and am hoping to get down to 160ish.