P90X: Would a 256lb woman be able to do it?

Options
jcstanton
jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
I've heard alot of good things about the P90X system. From everything I've read and heard it sounds like just what I'm looking for. I've been working out like crazy at the gym, but my workout routine has become rather stale. I'd really like to add some variety and bump up the intensity. Beach Body is offering the whole program for $120 in three monthly installments of $40. I'm seriously considering ordering it, but I have no idea what's involved in the workouts. I don't want to go to the trouble of ordering it if it's not something my body can handle at this weight. Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

Replies

• MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's made for everyone. You don't have to do the moves 100% to get results. I'm sure you can modify it to fit your level and go from there and continue as you get stronger. Good luck!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh 225 and I'm currently doing P90x and love it. I started the program at 228 on 3/5/12. I would personally reccomend that you join teambeachbody.com (free) and get a beachbody coach (also free) and ask them which beachbody program would be best for you before purchasing the program. They may recomend P90x. They may recomend that you start with another program.

But then again... my coach (whom I know personally) reccomended that I start with a less intense program because I hadn't worked out in a long time and she was concerned that I might not be able to "handle" P90x. I ignored her and went with P90x anyway because I knew that I was just lazy, not incapable. I'm glad I made that choice because I would have likely been bored out of my mind with another program.

Sorry for rambling...

Basicly, sign up on the website. Get a coach. Consider their reccomendation. Chose a program. Use the beachbody community (and other online communities) for support. Go from there. Good luck. You can do it (regardless of ur weight)!!!!
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey there!
    i dont see why not:flowerforyou:
    they have modifications for the moves in the videos so just do what u can :wink:

I just got mine & i'm 220... not particularly fit by any means but I know I have the potential to get thru it if i work hard enough & stop giving in to my lazy side :grumble: so....even tho i'm heavier than the last time I did intense workouts last year, i'm planning to start p90x today & praying I can keep up the motivation to stick with it....
    check out the thread postings for "P90X - Starting April 8, 2012" with some others who are just starting out as well. let's do it!!!!!!:glasses:

thanks too phatty4days for ur inspiring post!!!!! we can do this:drinker: :flowerforyou: