trying not to eat tonight! so HARD

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    I vote you eat the pb&j. Net is too low.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    yeah ... you need to eat. good grief. you haven't even broken 1,000.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    You have the calories or it eat it! You won't be hungry.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    MmmMmm. Nuthin' better than PB at bedtime.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    ...you should have the sandwich... you have the calories available to you... and you are still less than 1000.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Your calories were way too low.

Shoulda had the sandwich.
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    I'm eating a sandwich right now! I love snacking in the evening so I work it into my calorie goals for the day. I figure it's easier to work with my preferences than to fight against them. I kind of leave it up to me...I can have a second helping at dinner or I can save the calories for my evening snack...and usually saving the calories wins out.

If your diary is accurate today it looks like you have enough calories to go ahead and eat your sandwich...or at least half a sandwich. Go for it!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I'd eat a steak
  • erinf1049
    erinf1049 Posts: 26 Member
    holy hell i didnt know people would be so up in arms about this. ATTENTION: I AM NOT STARVING... forgot to add the last of my snacks for the day. CHRIST. I'll remember to be more diligent in the accuracy of my food diary.

and thank you to everyone who is cool and not jumping down my throat :happy:

PS: didnt eat the sandwich, and happy about it
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    pretty sure no one here is 'jumping down your throat.' people just looked and saw you weren't eating enough based on the information available. and, well, we don't want you or anyone else doing this in an unhealthy, ED-type way. so, on the contrary, I'd say a lot of people were trying to support you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    Save calories for the evening if you like to eat at night! I do all the time. In fact in about a half hour I'm going to eat a banana and some peanut butter to complete my total calorie intake for the day. Meal timing doesn't matter as long as your calories aren't exceeded.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Eat a PBnJ sandwich!
    Chances are you are WAAAAAAAYYYYYY below TDEE and can use the extra calories!
  • erinf1049
    pretty sure no one here is 'jumping down your throat.' people just looked and saw you weren't eating enough based on the information available. and, well, we don't want you or anyone else doing this in an unhealthy, ED-type way. so, on the contrary, I'd say a lot of people were trying to support you.

while I can see what youre saying about the support, some people came across a little..... aggressive for my taste. but thank you for the support :)
  • erinf1049
    Eat a PBnJ sandwich!
    Chances are you are WAAAAAAAYYYYYY below TDEE and can use the extra calories!

WHOA with the abbreviations! whats TDEE?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    holy hell i didnt know people would be so up in arms about this. ATTENTION: I AM NOT STARVING... forgot to add the last of my snacks for the day. CHRIST. I'll remember to be more diligent in the accuracy of my food diary.

This is why my diary isn't public and a good reminder to me to NEVER open it up. lol

You'll probably get better support if you post on your news feed as opposed to posting in the forum. Tons of hostility and shove-it-down-your-throat advice on the boards. :) Good on you for not going over your calories and resisting the PB&J. I agree with saving some calories for the bedtime snack, though. It sucks going to bed with an empty stomach.

TDEE = total daily energy expenditure -- the number of calories you burn in a day. MFP calculates this based on your BMR (the number of calories you would burn if you laid in bed all day) and activity level then subtracts your deficit to give you the number of calories you should eat in a day to lose x number of pounds.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Next time just save some calories so you can have that nighttime pb&j , or even just 1/2 :flowerforyou:
  • delebre
    delebre Posts: 5
    Posting publicly about your situation.. of course people are going to 'weigh in'. I think it's very rude of you to be so dismissive of the people who (don't even know you) are trying to be supportive to you based on the information that we had at hand. The stuff we told you is because we care about you and your situation. I'm disappointed that you would be so rude to those of us who tried to help.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    My question would be, "Why don't you want to eat it?" Is it because it is night? If that is the case, as long a you are within your calorie goal for the day it doesn't matter when you eat. I pretty much always schedule my calories so I can eat a big meal at night, and I have no problem losing. It is total calories not when you eat them. If there is some other reason, perhaps you want to tell people so they know why.
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Eat SOMETHING... just probably not the PB&J.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    Eat SOMETHING... just probably not the PB&J.
    Nothing wrong with PB&J if you have the calories available to eat it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition