Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Roasted Chick Peas/Garbanzos?

aawh
aawh Posts: 96 Member
I saw a recipe a while back on here for roasted chick peas, but can't find it. Does anyone have one? I bought a can to try it out.

Also, how do you store them? If they go in the fridge, do they stay crunchy?

Thanks!

Replies

• mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    bump
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    I just drain, rinse and pat dry a can of beans
    toss with olive oil, cumin,cayenne,paprika and garlic powder

then bake on cookie sheet at 400 for 40-50 min... they are crunchy , but they dont stay crunchy for too long..

sometimes i will only make a small serving and cook it in the toaster oven, and then eat em all up!
  • hi, I posted that recipe (:
    drain & rinse the chickpeas, coat in cooking spray, bake @ 350 for 40 minutes (stir every 10 min to keep from burning)
    then take em out, toss with garlic & herb seasoning (or whatever seasonin you want)

I stored them in ziplock baggies in the cabinet. I don't refrigerate them. They stayed crunchy & yummy! Let me know if u have any other questions!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    hi, I posted that recipe (:
    drain & rinse the chickpeas, coat in cooking spray, bake @ 350 for 40 minutes (stir every 10 min to keep from burning)
    then take em out, toss with garlic & herb seasoning (or whatever seasonin you want)

I stored them in ziplock baggies in the cabinet. I don't refrigerate them. They stayed crunchy & yummy! Let me know if u have any other questions!

Thanks! I think I'll try them out tomorrow!
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    these sound to tasty!!! bump!
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Bump
  • Bump.
  • apretz1
    apretz1 Posts: 18
    Bump
  • This is a really yummy sweet version that i've been making recently: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2011/07/sweet-and-salty-roasted-chickpeas-cheap.html
    I use half of the oil called for, and it works out just great!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    bump
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    bump
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    bump
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 430 Member
    I just drain, rinse and pat dry a can of beans
    toss with olive oil, cumin,cayenne,paprika and garlic powder

then bake on cookie sheet at 400 for 40-50 min... they are crunchy , but they dont stay crunchy for too long..

sometimes i will only make a small serving and cook it in the toaster oven, and then eat em all up!

I'm gonna try this recipe &* suggest you do the same! NOT the salt & vinegar recipe posted on here (it was yucky!) Don't store in fridge because they dont stay crisp.

Good luck!