Runners--which running belt?

Options
I'd like to invest in a decent runner's belt since I'm going to up my distance and participate in a few more races. I'd like something with water bottles, a pocket that will fit my iphone and a place to hold my race bib (I loathe pinning those things to my shirts). Any suggestions? I'm a smallish framed female if that helps. Thanks guys!

Replies

• johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i like fuel belt, but i don't think i saw a fuel belt with something to hold your race bib.. i guess you can pin it to the belt... i train with a belt but won't race with a belt, but that is me...
  • TheJustPull
    Options
    I'd watch as well, some races will limit the kind of thing you can wear... But if it's a local race I don't see it being too much of a problem.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i like fuel belt, but i don't think i saw a fuel belt with something to hold your race bib.. i guess you can pin it to the belt... i train with a belt but won't race with a belt, but that is me...

It seems for the fuel belt you can buy "Race Number Attachment" which of course is extra.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm just doing local type races so I'm pretty sure it's all gravy. It's also for me to wear when I go on solo runs outside. Hubby wants to make sure I have my phone for safety sake.
  • rajhara7
    rajhara7 Posts: 11
    Options
    I use a camelback. Comes in handy for running / biking or hiking.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I use the iFitness belt and love it!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    The Nathan Speed 2 Waistpack is my bestie for long runs these days. Holds two 10-oz flasks (if you want more you can go with the Nathan Speed 4R, which has four flasks), has a nifty pocket that fits my HTC Incredible quite well (it's about the same size as an iPhone), plus a snap attachment for keys on the inside. Comes in a few different colors. I love it!

EDIT: Oh, and I'd suggest buying the size that would fit closer to your hips rather than your waist--that's what I did and I find it a lot more comfortable in that location.