Jillian Michaels question.....

Options
Jen8np
Jen8np Posts: 50 Member
For the "Ripped in 30" video....is doing it 6 days a week enough alone or do I need to do more cardio after the workout? Has anyone learned by trial and error? any advice is appreciated! :)

p.s. there are no words for how sore I am and I love it, but omg ouch!!!

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I did it in conjunction with my other workouts.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I like doing whatever level I'm on twice in a row, or when I get to the higher levels I'll do the level I'm on and then another. The different weeks target different muscles and I like to combine the workouts, plus it's twice the calorie burn if I do 2 workouts. :-) That's the way I did 30 Day Shred and it's how I've done Ripped in 30 as well (I'm on week 4 now).
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I have done the video with my HRM and I believe it was like 250 calories burned. I did it alone for the first 2 weeks (only because I was so sore lol) and then added cardio before dong ripped because I knew I would never get on an elliptical after I turned off Jillian :laugh: hope this helps!!
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this question so I know how to strategically plan my workouts for next week.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    But such a good soreness, right?! :happy:

I did 30DS and Ri30 with my other cardio - doing the Jillian workout last. I did 40-60 minutes of cardio and then one of the videos 5-6 days a week = very effective.

Good luck to you!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    There was a forum post the other day where apparently Jillian said that even her 30 day shred is not meant to be done in 30 days. She recommends 2 days 30 day shred, 1 day cardio, 2days 30 day shred, cardio day, and 1 rest day. I am sure it applies to most things like that. But thats what I am planning to do plus I plan to throw some just strength training in there at some point, but for now (since I am getting back into it) I dont want to exhaust myself. Hope this helps :), but really it is up to you and how you feel^^
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have been doing only the workout. Occasionally elliptical or bike too jut not often.
  • kellyemb
    kellyemb Posts: 18
    Options
    I usually do it after I do my cardio for 3 of my 6 workout days then do that on its own for 2 of my 6 days then just a run or walk on my 6th day as a recovery workout.... You don't want to overstrain your muscles especially if your just starting out!!! I also have her video " 6 weeks to a 6 pack" and sometimes I'll do one level of my 30 day shred followed by one level of that!!! Good luck, I love Jillian's workouts :)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I do Ripped in 30 after working out at the gym for 30-50 (treadmill or elliptical) minutes depending on my motivation or time...lol...Very effective but sometimes exhausting..lol
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have only 30-45 minutes a day I can exercise, I alternate my cardio (running) with my Jillian DVD's. It has been working great thus far.
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and I jog in place for 15 min after the workout only because I be so sore and its a little recovery for me. Glad to hear others are sore too because I thought I was just too out of shape lol. I also read you're not supposed to do it daily but I haven't thought about a rest day yet. The way I look at it is it's just 30 min out of 24 hours.
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just did the workout 30DS in the evening and walked 2 miles at lunch time. Seems to be working for me. Been thinking I need to increase my cardio.
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS after my gym workouts. I do 30 mins of cardio, 20 of circuit then 30DS. I'm on day 5, Level 1 today. This is every day. We'll see how it works out, but already I'm feeling more toned doing all of it.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do Ripped In 30 and sometimes follow by a 30-minute treadmill workout. Sometimes, I do JM's Shred It Weights and then do RI30. Some other days, I will combine two levels from the RI30 workout making it a 1-hour long session. Hope this helps.
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (similar to ripped in 30/30DS). She suggests doing 30 minutes of bonus cardio to boost results, but no more than 5 days a week.
  • tizzilish16
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred and then 30 minutes on an elliptical every day. I am lucky I can split it up 30 DS at lunch and elliptical after work but I felt both would be better.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS every day(completed day 14 today -on level 2) I usually do 15 min on treadmill 15 min mile walking at incline 5.
    That's enough for me. Have seen a difference in the way my clothes fit.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I felt like she didn't incorporate enough cardio in her video so I always ran for 30 minutes afterwards.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I run 7 days a week and lift heavy 1 day. I TRY to get in 1 or 2 days of level 3 of 30DS in on my lower running days. I was thinking about picking up the Ripped DVD. How much harder is it?
  • Jen8np
    Jen8np Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    But such a good soreness, right?! :happy:

I did 30DS and Ri30 with my other cardio - doing the Jillian workout last. I did 40-60 minutes of cardio and then one of the videos 5-6 days a week = very effective.

Good luck to you!

Yes I am one of those sick people who love the pain!!! Love walking around super sore because then I know it's working! I ended up doing 60 mins cardio after, thanks!!